Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I'm Not Country, I'm Southern

Today was good. I got all the unpleasant things I don't like doing out of the way and won't have to worry about it again until next payday. About paydays, I get so stressed out doing bills. I've been married 13 1/2 years and we still live paycheck to paycheck! Can someone tell me when this might end? Every payday I see the money come in and go right back out! I guess I should say thanks that we always have what we need and then some!

So...I got my hair cut today and can I just say I LOVE IT?!! I love short hair. My hubby isn't so hip to the idea but he can't really say a thing since he's BALD!! I do really like it. I ain't gonna be one of those people looking for a compliment and pretend to not be so sure about it! I don't care what anyone else thinks about it. I love it. You know the people I'm talking about though? The ones that act like they aren't cute when they know they are! I was on facebook the other day and saw a picture, in one of my "friends" profiles, of a girl that we went to church with in Tennessee. Now this girl is super cute and was nice. Now she KNEW she was cute though. So anyway, she has these pictures on her facebook page and they are good pictures. But the caption under her picture says "I don't know why the photographer wanted to take pics of me cuz I don't take very good pics!" Now come on, she was looking for compliments! I HATE when women do that crap!

I went to the weight loss challenge class again tonight and got even more crappy information. I had lost 3.4 pounds though! Trisha beat me out though at her 6.4 pounds in a week! I'll admit, I was a little jealous but since she is so darn sweet, I was happy too! A little!! I need to try harder this week. My husband gets home soon and I don't want to be so chubby. That's another thing! Why is it that women try so hard to look so good for their better half and men don't worry about a thing. Here I am, trying to get skinny, thinking I need to go tanning, since brown fat looks way better than white fat! Getting my hair done, getting feet done and anything else that needs to be done. All Charles is gonna do is show up! It doesn't seem so fair! But it is fun to do all that stuff so I won't complain too much!

So after the weight loss class we head to Good Earth, the health food store. I go in and ask where the green drinks are and had to repeat myself 3 dang times before they knew what I was saying. Now I know I have a southern accent but come on folks. They kept thinking I was saying grain drinks. But when I repeated myself the 2nd time I said green as in the color!! They still didn't get it! I guess folks aren't so used to that out here. Now I have to say, I like the southern accent much better than that valley talk they have out here.

Another incident at the park today while we were there. So there we are enjoying the weather and playing about the park when these 2 silly, super corny teenagers come saundering up. One of them had long hair and his face painted. It was super silly. The other was wearing a surgical mask and they were trying to set the park shed on fire so my little neighbor friend called the police. :) Well the police came and I'm not sure what happened after that. Hopefully that will be taken care of. So much for a safe place for kids to run amuck! We've had the guy whacking his willy and now the silly, corny teenagers acting like fools and there was also word someone was graffiti-ing up the bathrooms at the other park! Good heavens folks, let us be happy while we're here!

3 comments:

Trisha said...

Oh my goodness Ashley, I need a tissue to wipe the tears from laughing so hard every time I read your blog. So here's the deal - LOVE the hair cut, LOVE your attitude, LOVE the confidence...I just simply love ya!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Trisha.. you are so freaking hilarious! I love LOVE your blogs.. you are to die for funny.. Charles is one lucky man!

Bartholomew said...

Yeah, you are a hoot Babe.

Ashley cracks me and the boys up too. I am lucky to have her in my life, but for so many more reasons than her humor... She's pretty lucky to have me too ;-)