Sunday, October 19, 2008

I love school....

Thank goodness fall break is over! Man it's been a long weekend. An even longer day! My kids have made me nuts. We missed church today because we had to drive to Salt Lake City to get my mom from the airport. We left in just enough time to get there when she landed...or so we thought. When I pulled through the terminal she was nowhere to be found so I drove around to the park and wait lot. I called Southwest to see what the heck was going on and was notified that her plane was an hour and a half delayed. I was so irritated. Here I am with 4 obnoxious kids having to wait an extra hour and a half for her to get in. Of course she doesn't have a cell phone to call and notify me of this delay. Fabulous! My kids were going crazy in the car and it was just an all around maddening situation.

So we arrive home and eat dinner and the conversation begins. I won't even go into what conversation that was but it caught me off guard only a little. I guess I half way expected it. I just wish I hadn't had to partake. So during the conversation I asked Charlie, who, by the way, is 12 freakin years old, to help the little ones get a shower. Well the next thing I know Cody is screaming and jumping up and down in the tub. I run in there to see what all the commotion was about and Charlie had them in freezing water and had painted Cody's toes with fingernail polish. Ryan had also let Charlie do this and tried to make it look like it was Charlie's fault when he could have simply not allowed Charlie to do this. I guess he thought it looked better to say Charlie did it. So Ryan, the 10 1/2 year old and Cody had painted toenails. Yeah I was pissed. Still am just thinking about it. I am so ready for this deployment to be over. I wanna go to Vegas when Charles gets home. I need a vacation. A long, long vacation all alone. If only I drank! Man, if I started now I would be an alcoholic by the end of the week. Does anyone else ever feel like they have crazy juice pouring into their veins? I feel that way as I type. I think I may go eat a bag of chocolate chips! Let me hurry and say 2 things I'm thankful for.... 1. I'm thankful I get to leave town on Wednesday. 2. I'm thankful for my legs! There....now I don't feel so bad!

4 comments:

Trisha said...

Ashley, I love school too. Can't say i absolutely loved it when I was going, but I really love it now. Is this all you are posting is the title? How has it been with your mama? I'm telling you, I am going to have to pay this Wednesday. Oh well, ya gotta live and love it once in a while.

Trisha said...

Well, now I see the whole blog. When I first pulled it up all that would show was the title. Something crazy is going on when I pull up peoples blogs. Good Night.

Ashley said...

You're up,we should go walk!!

Robin Fisher said...

Ashley,
I feel like the crazy train is going to leave the station at ANY minute and I am the head conductor!!!