Thursday, October 16, 2008

And We're Back...........

GOOD HEAVENS! My new computer battery FINALLY came. I was computer-less for about 9 days. The day my old battery crapped out, Charles quickly searched the internet for a new one, found one and paid 17 bucks to have it shipped next day. Well the folks we ordered it from shipped it standard! Completely frustrating. We did get our $17 refunded though. :) We ordered it from ebay and I don't think the guy was American. His grammar was horrendous. But....I got it and now I'm back up and running! Woohoo! Lots has happened in the last 9 days since my last post.

First of all.....5 more ladies joined the weight loss challenge class! They are all African American! Now I know what people are thinking as I say that. YES, I'm from Alabama, however I am not a racist like southerners are normally accused of being. BUT...some black folks do bug me. One of the ones that bugs me happens to be in this class. She has this cocky attitude and that is one personality trait I can do without. I'll leave it at that before I say too much and offend someone reading this! Trisha is kicking butt though and she and I have both lost more than that chick, so HA!

I also found out Charles is coming home 2 months earlier than expected! Great news. Can't wait to see his big hunky self! Now the big question is what is the exact date of his arrival. I need to know this so I can figure out if I need to buy a plane ticket or if I need to prepare myself to drive 23 hours and 22 minutes with 4 kids across the country. Doesn't the latter sound so much fun? :| I love kids!

So, I had to scream at more neighborhood kids yesterday. I'll have all the kids in the neighborhood cussed out before I leave this place! I just DO NOT like bullies. That is one thing I won't tolerate and I don't have some sweetsie attitude to the kids that do that crap. I said a little more than I probably should have but I was angrier too because of the situation. Here's how it went....Charlie was at the park with his little brothers. Three silly kids with long, floppy hair walk by and called him a name that was not appropriate for little kids to hear. Charlie tells the kids not to talk like that in front of all the little kids at the park. So one of the kids pushes Charlie and he pushes the kid back and gets him in a head lock and blah blah blah. The kids left since Charlie was twice their size. I guess they felt safe since there was 3 of them and only one of Charlie but when the other 2 saw what Charlie did to their friend they decided it wasn't so safe anymore. So then Ryan runs off and we couldn't find him for about 30 minutes and I was scared to death. I called the cops and everything. By the time this whole incident was over I felt like the biggest piece of white trash ever. I should have been on an episode of Cops! They seem to find all the white trash in the nation on that show!

So there's a few of the highlights of the last 9 days. Kari, I hope you enjoy reading this! I saw your posting tonight and wrote this in your honor! I wasn't slacking on the writing, I just didn't have a computer handy!

P.S.- It was actually my power adapter on the computer that went out, not the battery. Charles, the computer genius, let me know I was wrong about the piece that pooped out. Power adapter not the battery! K

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh thanks heavens you are BACK...I thought for sure you got sick of the old blog world!! Thank you for your post in my honor...lol..it made my morning! ha ha you are a funny SOUTHERN chick! Good job with the weight loss class you guys are awesome!!

Robin Fisher said...

Ashley,
How exciting Charles will be home early. Mike, too!! I know you will have tons to do in Clarksville, but if you need a hot meal--you know where I live!