Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What's it all about?

I don't know why I let things bug me. Normally I can let things go but lately I have been a little bugged about certain things. My mom did some pretty mean things to my kids while she was here, thus meriting an early return from my trip to Montana. She then goes home and makes people think she is a victim. This is what she normally does. I guess the thing that bugs me the most is not only did she hurt my kids physically and emotionally but she makes other people think that my kids were the ones in the wrong. Now I'm not saying by any means that my kids are perfect but they for sure do not act the way she has portrayed. We have taught our kids well and yes they do act up from time to time but please show me some kids that don't. I guess it's more hurtful than anything. Then there are others in the family that love to see the crap hit the fan and like to get things stirred up and love to always be in the middle of things. This is fine with me, I'm just so glad I don't have to live my life this way. I am thankful that I can say I tried to reach out to my mom at a time when I thought she might need it and that I had no strings attached when I did it. That being said, if you don't like my blog then DON'T READ IT! But I do say thank you to all my faithful followers!

I can't seem to snap out of the crappy way that I feel. I may need to go shopping soon. Oh and yes the biggest loser class was tonight. I had to pay a dollar since I gained a pound, dang it! Of course Trisha lost more weight. That woman is up to 10 pounds gone! What the heck is my problem? The woman teaching is super sweet but the poor woman knows nothing about "real" nutrition. It's ok though, she's trying to help.

I had my first RS presidency meeting tonight and it made me feel less overwhelmed. This ward really has it together and has things planned far in advance. I am so thankful for this. It will make my job so much easier. The new president is so sweet and sincere. I love this characteristic in a person. I really do have a hard time with folks being something they aren't when they are around others. Especially when you know someone's true character.

So, the trouble making girls came around today. This time it was my little 60 year old neighbor blessing them out. Apparently, one of the girls called her little 6 year old granddaughter a b word. This did not sit well with little Kay Hadley. She has the sweetest, well mannered grandkids too. So, Taylor, (granddaughter) went and told Grandma what they had called her and Kay came out and said some words to them and called them white trash which she told my son she had gotten that term from me! I thought that was hilarious!! Folks dig the southern accent around here. I guess it just sounds better! Kay is this little 60 year old Grandma who takes care of her severely handicapped son and also cares for grandchildren on a daily basis. She is the sweetest thing you could ever meet and always willing to help me out. But that woman does not take crap off ANYONE. She will tell you how it is! I love her! I like that trait in a person as well. I mean just be nice to people and you won't have to worry about getting blessed out. People DO NOT like you messing with their kids or grandkids for that matter. Just be nice, it's as easy as that. Let that sink in folks.

7 comments:

~Amanda~ said...

Ashley, No one is trying to make your mom out to be the victim. No one loves to see crap hit the fan or be in the middle of so much drama. We were drug into it. In fact, it's exhausting. Nothing was told about the trip except the bad word incident. We already knew about the steak dinner b/c of your blog. What bothers us is the fact that your mom did nothing but cry her heart out on the 30min ride home the other night because of what happened out there. THAT is what bothers us. The fact is we all know she has some issues, but we also all know that she loves her grandkids with every fiber in her being. No one is passing judgement or pointing the finger at anyone. It just saddens us that things go on to make ya'lls visits heartbreaking for both parties involved.

My blog was not intended for you. It was a generalized blog about how we should treat one another, so please stop taking it personally.

Bartholomew said...

Heated discussion, strong opinions, controversy.... NOW we've got ourselves a blog!!

Seriously though, we've all been affected by Marcia. Let it unite us rather than drive us apart. Understanding is key.

In the words of Rodney King, "Why can't we all just get along?". :-)

~Amanda~ said...

I agree Charles! Thank you! :)

Bartholomew said...

You're welcome. I must clarify, however, that my comments were directed to each of us involved, not just to Ashley.

Ashley said...

Amanda since your idea of forgiveness is letting someone have the last word, you get it!!

~Amanda~ said...

Again, I agree. But my blogs weren't written to "bag" on the T family. Everybody has things that go on in their families so how do you know that I wasn't writing about something within my own family? It was just assumed that I was writing in regards to the MT situation. Like I said earlier, it was a general blog about how people in today's society treat others. It was something that was on my heart to express in a blog so that maybe me and others would take a more careful look as to how we treat family and strangers.

Trisha said...

Ashley, you are the most awesome person I have ever met!!!!