Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I heart laundry :)

Hello viewers! I was absolutely worthless today! I had every intention to go to the gym early after the kids left for school. I sat down on my couch to read my scriptures and I tilted my head back when I was done with every intention to just "rest" my eyes until 10. But 10 came and went. I slept until Cody returned home from school! :-| Oops. I did get a GIANT pile of laundry folded though and I eventually made it to the gym. Still have yet to shower today though. Oh well! At least the kids got dinner.

So I gave Cody a haircut yesterday and let me just say hair cutting is a talent that I do not possess. I have NEVER possessed it. I remember the first time I cut Charles's hair and it was a disaster. It seems like a crew cut would be easy enough, right? Well not so much for me. Poor Cody changed his mind about halfway through the cut. He wasn't digging the bald look he had begged for. He said he no longer wanted it. He didn't want to look like Dad anymore. The clippers were pulling his hair and he was oohing and ouching every 15 seconds. Well there was no turning back. He looks so cute with a crew cut. Our kids have had crew cuts for a large part of their lives since their dad is in the military. Cody is the cutest with that cut. He has the cutest little face and a perfect shaped head for it. When he got home from school he said all the kids in his class laughed at him for being bald. But when I asked Sara, a friend in his class and our neighbor, she said nobody laughed at him!

So tomorrow will be much more productive than today! I get to go get my hair done! I can only think of one thing I love more than getting my hair done! Since I have gotten older that is the one thing I will splurge on and the one thing my hubby doesn't mind me splurging on. I no longer do the $12 haircuts. I firmly believe that a good haircut and a good bra can make anyone feel like a million bucks! If you don't believe me, try it! So I get to do that and the gym, which I am not a fan of and only go there because I have to so I can stay at a relatively, not as big as some, weight! I also have to get groceries tomorrow and pay bills. I do not know why, but I HATE going grocery shopping. I loathe everything about it. From figuring out which meals to make, making the list, buying the groceries and even putting them away. I hate it all. It is such a chore to me and I would rather do laundry. I do not know why this is. As I sit and write that it sounds totally spoiled. I mean I guess I need to be grateful that it's that easy to get food. But it doesn' t make me like it anymore. So that's all the rantings I have for tonight!

No comments: