Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A weight lifted....

I need to thank the Lord everyday that I know how to be nice. I am thankful that I have such great kids that have learned to stand up for themselves. And I am mostly grateful that my mom is out of my house as of this morning!! YEEHAW!! Yep, I dumped her off at 9:20. :) I am so glad that's over. Now on to the next little milestone.

I'm excited about Halloween this week! We're gonna have a little Halloween dinner and then go trick or treating. I'm going to be domestic and make all sorts of cute Halloweeny edibles! I'm excited. I had to go to Zurchers today and get spider rings for Cody's party on Thursday. They happened to have all their Halloween crap 50% off and I got lots of good stuff. I love a bargain!

I have told my kids that when they turn 12 they can no longer go trick or treating. Well, Charlie turned 12 two weeks ago and he told me he didn't want to go because he felt too old!! I am so glad my kids are like that and have boundaries! One Halloween night my sister got a knock on her door at about 9:30, well after trick or treaters had stopped coming. She opens the door and there stands 2 grown teenagers. No costume or even a mask! Why do parents allow this? Anyway, my sister had a tone in her voice that made them feel a little, shall I say, awkward and they hurried on their way. So anyway, this will be Charlie's first year of no trick or treating. I think he gets excited about getting older and doing big kid things. He's a good kid!

Well Charles' homecoming has still not sunk into my brain. I cannot imagine having a husband around again and having help. I leave in about 2 1/2 weeks and I haven't gotten super excited yet because it just doesn't seem real. I am super elated about it but I just can't wrap my brain around the fact that he's coming home that soon! I will be glad for him to get home so he can get all the yard work done! :) He has a list waiting for him. I love him!

I HATE the blogs out there that try to make people think their life is so perfect when folks know dang good and well they aren't. I can't stand when people try to act like something they aren't. Just a thought!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment..yes my parents are awesome..I love them so much.. but even better..my parents would TOTALLY ADOPT you TOO!! Lucky you, for your hubby to be coming home, now thats what I am jealous of..I want a man just for yard work, to do lists...and well maybe a few other things ;) lol Have a good night!!

Ashley said...

Mainly the few other things is what I'm looking forward to!! :)