Sunday, October 26, 2008

A day in the life.......

Of a crazy lady! Ok so I got back from Montana late Friday night. It was technically Saturday morning. It was around 1 a.m. when we rolled in. We were supposed to be home earlier than that but we missed a turn somewhere in Yellowstone. I was distracted by all the animals that were within 20 feet of our car. Obviously all the people out west are used to the things you see in Yellowstone because nobody seemed to be too impressed of the pictures I had taken of the pack of buffalo that was in the middle of the road or the elk that was ALL OVER the park. I also got some pictures of big horned sheep. It was amazing if I do say so myself!! So we missed our turn and ended up having to go through Jackson Hole, Wyoming. What a cute town! That was fun! Except for having to drive a 2 lane highway the ENTIRE way back. :) Why did I come back so early you might ask yourself.....let's just say I probably won't be talking to my mother any time within the next 10-15 years! We'll leave it at that.

Anyway, I did get my certification and it feels so good to be done with that course. I'm excited that I was able to accomplish that during this deployment!

So here I am cruising along in life with my super easy calling and loving every minute of having to only teach Relief Society every other month. Clarksville did me in with the callings. So when I got here and they called me to be a teacher I was elated.....until today! I was out in the hall when the clerk came and said "hey, can you step in the bishop's office for a minute?" So I was thinking I was going to be released from my teaching calling. And I was....I was calling-less for about 5 seconds!! So now I'm in the Relief Society presidency....again! (you have to say again with the Forrest Gump accent!) I was very much enjoying the break. It was nice while it lasted. It'll be good though. I feel a little inadequate since all the ladies in our ward seem to have it together. We do have a great ward! I will miss it when we leave. It has been a nice break from Tennessee!

We went to a haunted forest last night and it was pretty fun. We also went bowling and all my kids beat me. I came in dead last! We went with Matt and Jade (bro and sis in law) and Matt and Cody had a great time slipping as they threw the ball down the lane. It was so funny! For some reason they both had a hard time staying on their feet! Bowling is a fun activity. I don't know why we don't do it more often. I guess cuz it cost me 30 freakin bucks for my family to bowl.

I'm starting to feel a little like a neglectful parent. I went out of town for 2 days this last week and now I will leave again in about 3 weeks for a week. Of course I am leaving for good reason, I just feel bad since it seems like I've had to do it so much. Too bad I don't have a mom I can rely on to help out and know that my kids would be taken super good care of. I wonder what that would be like. If anyone cares to comment on that feel free to fill me in. Dang it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you will do such a good job.. I am glad that I am in primary though :) but I miss out on all the good things that happen in relief society! You have quite the motivation to get things done while your hubby has been a way.. you deserve A LOT of credit!!

Ashley said...

Kari, You're so darn sweet! Always making me feel so good.

Trisha said...

My mom said you are welcome to call her 'mom' and rely on her for help any time you want. Hey, we will totally help with your kids and we will keep them SAFE while you are gone. If you need us more than we already have planned, please ask. Love ya, love ya!!!