Monday, October 20, 2008

Proud Army Wife

So there I was talking to my husband on the computer when he says "hey you wanna see my tent?" He's now out of his trailer and living in a 40 man tent. He wanted to show me around since we have web cams and all. So he turns the camera around to show me and there it was....another man's butt. There was a guy standing in the background changing his clothes and his butt was just a shinin'! So I say to Charles "Did I just see a guy's butt?" Meanwhile my husband is completely oblivious to the fact that I am seeing this man's buns! You know, I have been an army wife for almost 14 years and I have heard my husband talk about having to shower around other soldiers and all that and I just do not get it. I mean, men will walk around naked in front of each other, fart in front of each other and shower in front of each other, change their clothes and all that stuff. They don't care who sees them. I have NEVER done any of that stuff in front of any other female, and I wouldn't dare! One day Charles comes home and tells me he saw a guy from our ward in the showers. So, I ask him, was he naked? And he tells me he was. Now how awkward would that be? Take my little friend Trisha for instance, I see her everyday, we walk every night and I spend tons of time with her. I would NEVER let her see me naked. STRANGE! This is one aspect of army life I will never understand.

So my kids were up to their crap again today. I can't wait for my husband to get home to take over the kid raising for a while. Well, here's how it went today....We had to eat dinner early because everyone had wrestling at 6. My mom, who is visiting, didn't get a chance to eat her dinner before we had to leave so she put it away to have it after we got back. Well, she was doing something else when Charlie and Ryan took her food out and poured hot sauce on her steak. Now when I say hot sauce I mean miserably hot. This stuff is so potent it could probably kill someone. So she takes a bite and is immediately on fire. The woman is dang near 60 and it could have killed her. So I am seriously pissed since we had an incident last too. I had no idea how to punish them so I told them they were going to have to reimburse me for the steak and I pulled some Texas Pete's hot sauce out of the cabinet and said "come on over here!" I made them open their mouth and gave them a dab or 2!! I know I get pissed at my kids on a daily basis and there is probably someone reading this thinking I am a terrible mother but they will be the one that ends up with a kid in prison because they had a lack of discipline. I am sick of this deployment already. I need my husband to help raise these boys. I do love my kids.... but does anyone else look forward to retirement years like I do? I just need an off day!! Any of you girls up for chippendales? Just kidding Charles!! You can be my Chippendale!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I was SOOOOOOOOOO up for a Chipendales night... Dang you Charles!! lol.. sorry the boys are giving you a run for your money.. but hopefully when they are grown and have children and complain about things their kids are doing.. you can just sit back and laugh at the memories they created for you!! But I get the whole feeling like a single mom...but I only have the one..but I wish a "charles" would come home to me soon too.....lol.. you are doing an amazing job!! You are great!

Ashley said...

Kari, I am so lucky to have a light at the end of the tunnel. I don't know how the for real deal single moms do it! You do deserve a Chippendale night woman! And I hope all of my kids have a child just like themselves.