Tuesday, October 7, 2008

:)

Yesterday was one of those days and it carried over into today. It seems like everything likes to pile up on me at once. First of all, I had gotten a bill from our dentist in the mail yesterday. It said I owed $243.40. I thought what the heck and called the dentist office to see why the heck we owed this. The gal on the phone looked up our account and informed me that my insurance didn't cover the 11 sealants the dentist had slapped on Charlie's teeth back in August. You can probably imagine how irritated I was. This bitty that was telling me this had no desire to be helpful when I told her that the estimate I had been given told me that I wasn't going to have to pay a dime. She tells me that it was my responsibility to know what my insurance covered. So, here's my question...if it's my responsibility to know about this insurance crap then why did they give me an estimate instead of telling me to check with my insurance company to see what my portion would be? Think about it! Since she was being a turd I just told her to leave a message for the dentist to call me. I waited and then today I called to leave another message and got someone that had some sense and told me they had decided to write it off! I was so dang thankful. Then there's my husband.....they still haven't given him a definite date to come home. Completely frustrating. Every time they give us information they change it the next day. I have had to come up with 42 different plans to accomodate all the info they have given us. It seems as if every time I think I have everything in place to go see him when he gets home he tells me different info they have given him. Pisses me right off. But I'll focus on how grateful I am that my dental bill got written off. :)

My laptop battery crapped out on me today. I was trying to wiggle the cord around to see if I could get it to start charging again. Well...when I did that it shocked me and sparked and burnt the fire out of my hand and started smoking! WHOA! Scared me to death. Scared Ryan too. It seems that when it rains it pours for me. I always have to deal with a ton of crap at once. It's ok though, I am always given the strength to deal with it. I guess it makes me thankful for good days.

Tomorrow is weigh in day and I get a little nervous to weigh each week. We have to pay $1 if we gain anything. That part bugs me a bit since she gives the crappiest information for weight loss. If a morbidly obese person walked in and wanted to know what to do to lose weight they would be in for disappointment. They wouldn't learn a dang thing to lose weight.

Is it the end of the year yet?

2 comments:

Trisha said...

You will have to tell me more about your getting shocked. Sounds crazy! Hey, with as much as we have been working out, we have to have lost at least a pound wouldn't you think? I guess we will see. I am a littler nervous about tonight. We need to just eat something light for dinner tonight and then come home and either have a shake or a bowl of cereal :)

Anonymous said...

you haven't blogged in a while... I MISS THEM!!!