Sunday, November 30, 2008

I LOVE BABY DILL PICKLES

Today in our combined RS/Priesthood meeting I got all the parenting answers I needed. A lady from LDS social services came and spoke during the meeting. She had good advice to share and it really made me think. We have all these people in our lives that will do things that hurt us or make us mad. All we can do is control how we react. It is so hard to handle people with love after they have wronged us but this is what we are required to do. She said one of the worst things we can do is criticize and one of the best things we can do is listen and try to understand where another person is coming from. It is so overwhelming to hear stuff like this sometimes because it reminds me of all the things I need to do to be better. I'll just add that to all the other stuff I need to overcome! It was very insightful and I was glad I was able to hear her lesson. It was good insight for raising kids and building a better marriage and relationships in general.

This was my last Sunday to attend church without help! Charlie had his bishop's interview and he'll be ordained next Sunday! I can't believe he'll be old enough to pass the sacrement. He's a good kid and will hopefully be a good teenager! I'm sure he will be.

I made 5 1/2 dozen pumpkin spice cookies tonight, with icing! They were delicious. It was the last thing I needed to do though. I have missed the gym for the last 2 weeks and I get back into my routine tomorrow. I'm dreading it a little but I know it makes me feel so much better. I'm not a huge fan of working out. I've been doing it 5-6 days a week for the last 3 1/2 years and I thought by now I would love it. The love for it still hasn't come. It is so hard to go back after I have skipped out for a while. Tomorrow is the day though:) Here I go!

No comments: