Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I have a secret....

A 6-year-old and a 4-year-old are upstairs in their bedroom. "You know what?" says the 6-year-old. "I think it's about time we start cussing." The 4-year-old nods his head in approval. The 6-year-old continues. "When we go downstairs for breakfast I'm going to say hell and you say ass."

"OK!" The 4 year old agrees with enthusiasm.

Their mother walks into the kitchen and asks the 6-year-old what he wants for breakfast. "Aw hell, Mom, I guess I'll have some Cheerios."

WHACK! He flies out of his chair, tumbles across the kitchen floor, gets up, and runs upstairs crying his eyes out, with his mother in hot pursuit, slapping his rear every step. The mom locks him in his room and shouts "You can just stay there till I let you out!"

She then comes back downstairs, looks at the 4-year-old, and asks with a stern voice, "And what do YOU want for breakfast young man?

"I don't know," he blubbers, "But you can bet your ass it won't be Cheerios!"

This joke cracked me right up! I can see my Cody doing something like this. My secret is...I say swear words! :-| I figure it's this or beat my kids so I choose the cursing. It helps with frustration. My husband absolutely hates that I do this and I know I need to work on this vice. One thing at a time though. I can't give everything up at once and right now the cursing will have to stick around for at least another week. A Relief Society 2nd counselor that says swear words...oops! I do need to stop this! There are worse things, right?

Speaking of RS, we had leadership training tonight. So, I had to make dinner at 3:30 so the kids would be able to eat before we left. I also had to rush to my weigh in so I wouldn't have to pay $5 for not showing up. Trisha and I only went to weigh and didn't stay for her boring class to listen to her read all the information word for word straight from the pages. I did lose 5 pounds though!! So... I ended up bringing the kids to my RS meeting. I feel like they get left alone quite a bit. So I loaded them all up and brought them along. They played basketball in the gym and Cody kept wandering into the room I was in so he could get rolls for everyone! They did good. They're good boys. I know they bug me a lot and I write about them bugging me a lot but I do love them. Charlie made honor roll and they are taking all the kids in the 6th grade who got A's or A's and B's to fat cats tomorrow. He made the list. Only problem is, he's supposed to go to Salt Lake City tomorrow with the YM for some youth trip thing. We'll squeeze in both but he just won't be able to stay very long at fat cats. It's pretty important he makes it to SLC. Ryan can't wait to get into YM. He is so ready to be done with cub scouts. Secretly...I'm ready for cubs to be done too but I have 2 more boys to get through so I have no end in sight anytime soon. I will have a small break after Ryan's birthday this year. Josh won't start until August!

It's freezing cold here and it's supposed to stay that way all week. I'm not a huge fan of chilly weather. I don't enjoy shivering to the bone. Charles is the complete opposite. He HATES being hot more than I hate being cold. He thinks you can layer up for cold weather but there is only so much you can take off in hot weather. I'd like to see him take it all off! Next week, babe!! 55 weeks down and only 1 to go! We got it licked......

5 comments:

Matt and Jade said...

That's awesome that you lost 5 pounds. Good for you. How did Trisha do? I have to say I agree with Charles I hate hot weather. I rather be cold.

Elder Quinn Kay Longhurst said...

LOL That was a funny joke! I actually thought it might be your boys but the ages didn't add up. I'm a little slow if you haven't noticed. Norm doesn't tolerate swearing either. I used to have a pretty good potty mouth till we got married. Growing up on a farm will do that to you. My dad still swears and he's a Patriarch! I guess a swearing RS counselor isn't too bad then!

Trisha said...

Okay Ashley, 5 pounds was a big deal and all you had to say was, "I did loose 5 lbs. though." Let me do this for you....
HEY EVERYONE, Ashley has 5 more pounds gone. She was the biggest looser this week and we didn't even get to stay for her to pick her prize. Don't worry though. I will make sure she gets it next week. 5 POUNDS!! Way to go girl.

To answer Jade's question. I am sad to say that I gained, but just an ounce. That is okay though because Ashley has gotten me re-motivated. Thanks Ashely.

Anonymous said...

well hell I love to swear too..seriously its my weakness as well! My great friend Robin is the RS President (who cusses..) she is getting slightly better.. but we mainly say it out of humor.. like how I try to justify it!! Seriously when Charles comes home your blogging is going to slow way down at night...cause you will be TOOOOOO busy watchin him take his clothes off..lol, Again..I hate you. Jealous. etc etc. But I agree with Trisha... WAY TO GO ON LOSING FIVE MORE POUNDS!!! Good job, and again...still jealous.

Ashley said...

A cussing Relief Society president AND a Patriarch! I'm in good company. I mean cussing is better than other things. I could be in the Chippendale clubs whoopin' it up! But is that a bad thing?!! JK