Sunday, November 23, 2008

God Bless America

I just arrived home after being gone for 9 days. It is so good to be home. I completely forgot about life for a while and enjoyed my time away! Thanks Matt and Jade and also a HUGE thanks to the Budge's for helping out! I got to Birmingham on the 14th and hung out with my sister and her kids until the 18th. I headed up to Tennessee that day and Charles arrived at around 12:45 a.m. Wednesday morning. It was so exciting! I cannot believe this deployment is over. I did not want to leave him today but we have another homecoming to look forward to when he gets home on the 5th. We did absolutely nothing but spend time together while I was there. We got to stay in a little 2 bedroom apartment in a complex that a friend of ours owns. He owed us a favor and let us stay there free of charge! It was a huge blessing and saved us some cash! It had a kitchen and washer and dryer and everything we needed. Well most everything! We could have used some measuring cups, a cutting board and a vacuum to name a few things!

Everybody survived the 9 days without me except for our little Ford Taurus! It got totaled the day after I left. Some teenager smashed into the car while everyone was headed to a pool party! Nobody was hurt thankfully and the other insurance company did take full responsibility. Poor Cody scrubbed a tattoo off of his face and took about 12 layers of skin with it. Other than those 2 minor details everything went great back in Ogden while I was gone! :) I'm pretty sure Matt and Jade were the most excited for me to be back! They weren't sure how I do it day to day but I have super powers and cat like reflexes! It is so good to be home with my kids. I am so thankful for all the experiences I have had and more than anything I am grateful this was our last deployment. I'm thankful for what I've learned and the things I have been able to accomplish. I am so glad Charles is home.

For those of you that would like to see pictures of the homecoming ceremony you can click through the link from the other blog that I am a member of. Go to my eblogger profile page and it's on there! Does that make sense?

2 comments:

Robin Fisher said...

yahoo!!!!
Welcome home Charles.

Elder Quinn Kay Longhurst said...

Welcome home Ashley & Charles! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time with your hubby. The kids looked healthy and happy at church so you being gone wasn't too bad for them. In fact it probably made them appreciate their mother a little more.