Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I'm Frankful...

My day was filled to the brim! First and foremost I had to go tanning! I didn't make it to the gym because I had to wait till 9 to schedule Josh an appointment and the clinic didn't open till then. By the time I had waited till 9, I had to wait for Cody to get out of school since today is early day. I hate early days. This happens every Wednesday. So I got Cody then checked Josh out of school to get him to the doc by 11:10. Josh has had a sore on his head and then I noticed he had a lump below the sore. When I noticed this I was panicked. I had called Monday to get an appointment but they were all booked up and couldn't bring him in yesterday since it was veteran's day and our clinic is on a military base. So today was the day I was able to put an end to all my worrying. He has ringworm on his head, it's not a cancerous tumor like I was thinking! But ringworm, good heavens! The lump was a lymph node that is working hard to get rid of the crap from the ringworm. So...other than him having ringworm he's all healthy. Thank heavens. I seriously was thankful for the diagnosis.

I had to go to parent teacher conferences starting at 2. I got to listen to all my kids' teachers tell me how wonderful and smart all my kids are! Seriously though, I am glad my kids catch on quick since I hate homework. They have all been good readers and good at figuring things out. It is very hard for me when a kid is slow to catch on. I have volunteered in the class room a time or two and there are kids that just do not get it and it is very hard to try to get it into their brain. I could NEVER be a teacher.

Trisha and I are the only ones that showed up to the weight loss class this week. I lost almost 5 and Trisha lost almost 7 pounds! Only 40 more to go for me! Almost there!

I'm down to the wire before I leave and I still have a ton of stuff to do. I didn't think it would get all piled up on me like this. I should have put my shoulder to the wheel earlier in the week. I started my packing tonight and it seems surreal that I'm leaving in less than 2 days. I really will miss my kids and I'm a little nervous about being away from them for so long. I won't know what to do with myself not having to run around for them for a few days. As enticing as it sounds to leave, the fact is, they are my life pretty much. What do you do when you're away from your life for 9 days? I mean don't get me wrong, I do have an identity outside of being a wife and mother but I see them everyday and they are the largest part of my life. *sniff, sniff* I'm sure I'll find something to fill up my time. (especially when Charles gets home!)

I also had to get my recommend renewed tonight. I sat and talked with a lady who had recently gotten remarried. She had been widowed 2 years ago. She had been married to her first husband for 26 years and he died suddenly of a heart attack. It was such a sad story. She told me how they married at 19 and had 3 sons together. It made me think of Charles and me. We got married when I was 18 and he was 19. I couldn't imagine losing him at such an early age after thinking for all those years we would grow old together. I'm so glad we got married as young as we did. It hasn't been easy but it has been so worth it. I'll only be 38 when we send our oldest out on his mission!! How nice!

Little Cody gave our family prayer tonight and he always tells what all he's "frankful" for. It is so cute! It's times like that that make all the frustrating things they do easier to deal with. The frustrating things like Ryan holding Josh's legs over his head until Josh was bawling! Or Cody coloring on Ryan's nightstand table, that I finished a few months ago, with a hot pink sharpie marker. Yeah, not so frustrating when he's telling the Lord how "frankful" he is! I love those kids.

5 comments:

Matt and Jade said...

Gotta love Cody. I just hope that when we come over tonight that you will have time to breathe. I know your going to miss them, dont worry, they'll be in good hands. I'm so excited for you and for us. Yeeeahhh for family.

Trisha said...

Cody, I am "Frankful" that you get to come and play at our house next week after school. Sara & Jacob are excited too!

How cute is that that he is "Frankful". It's finally here Ashley. Can't believe it!!!

Trisha said...

Just wanted to let you know that I will miss the blogs while you are gone. I think I might have Ashley withdrawls over the next 9 days!! I hope you are having a fabulous time & that it will only get better (like maybe the night of the 19th or the 20th).

Trisha said...

Yeah for Charles and Ashley to be together again. We saw the pictures on the Woods family blog. You guys weren't too excited to finally be able to smooch agin were you? The pictures are awesome. We love your little family and feel so blessed to know you guys.

Love, Matt & Trisha

Robin Fisher said...

Where are you?