Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday

Good heavens! Ok-I have never been shopping the day after Thanksgiving and thought how bad could it really be! Well, it was pretty bad. They had a few things at Wal*Mart that I wanted to get and had no idea the chaos I was about to step into. I walk in and head straight back to the electronic department to look for the portable dvd players. Apparently I wasn't the only one that wanted one of these at $49. There was a ton of people standing around the pallet waiting for the employee to slash open the plastic wrap that contained these suckers! Well once the plastic was off people were going nuts! I stood there in absolute astonishment! I never moved closer to the pallet. I was scared for the employee. She couldn't get out of the mob of people and was screaming for the police! It was the craziest thing I have ever seen. However, I did get the dvd player! The lady standing in front of me was somehow able to get 2 of them and handed me one. I also got the case to go with!I never even saw the pallet to see how many it contained or how fast they ran out. I walked away as soon as I had my hands on one. It was worth it to do it at least once...I guess. Won't be doing it again though! I'm sick of shopping already. It is nice to be mostly done.
After I got home from shopping I read on fox news about a Wal*Mart employee in New York that was trampled to death by shoppers looking for a good deal. Can you imagine? I mean there is nothing that's that great of deal, for heaven's sake!

We had a great Thanksgiving! All I had to make was a Sara Lee dutch apple pie! No other cooking went on at my house. Golden Corral made everything else. They have been my Ogden Thanksgiving tradition. I can't get too used to it now that Charles is home and we will celebrate the holidays like normal people again! Darn it. Glad he's home though:) Well... not actually home but in the United States at least. He'll be here on Friday! We have a fun filled December planned.

We also went to the movies to see Bolt, after our feast. It was a good movie and the kids enjoyed it as much as I did. Charlie liked the fat, little hamster as well as I did! It was cute. It's been a while since we've been to the movies. That is an expensive past time, especially when you have 6 people to pay for. I guess anything is expensive when you have a big family! Grateful to have them though!

No comments: