Saturday, November 29, 2008

WHY.....

...do my kids fight all the time? Am I the only one whose kids fight incessantly? Ryan is constantly telling Charlie how fat he is and what a huge nerd Josh is. Charlie tells Ryan how he acts like a girl and tells Josh what a big baby he is. Cody likes to tell all of them how gay they are. It NEVER stops.Whenever I ask if they want to do something fun, or what I would consider fun, they never want to do it. My older kids are at the age where they would rather spend time with their friends and it makes the little ones want to do the same. They want to do whatever the big ones do and think how they think. It makes me nuts. Even the way they dress... the younger ones see the things that Charlie wants to wear and they want to do the same thing. I mean a 5 year old should not give a dang what he puts on, but Cody does. He can't wear anything that's not "cool". He can't wear gay, long sleeve shirts or stupid pants that aren't cool jeans. It makes me want to bip Charlie in the head when the younger ones act this way. As I type Josh and Cody are fighting over a quarter that was found in a basket. Cody got to it first but Josh got it after Cody put it down. Josh told Cody "finders keepers, losers weepers." Cody is pretty upset about that. Ryan had to do chores all day for calling Charlie names. I figure if he's gonna take up a lot of my time solving the issues he's creating, he can pay me back with his time. Today while Ryan had the dust spray out for dusting Charlie got the bright idea that he would spray a spot on the hardwood floors with the spray. He wanted to make it slippery for whoever walked on it! Well the good fairy has gotten him several times today. He has slipped on that spot more than anyone else in the house today!! Hilarious!! That's what he gets for making me put up with the bickering that goes on here all the dang time!

I thought it would be fun to bake with the kids today but none of them wanted to join in on the fun. They want to partake in the finished product but not help with it. I was all ready to make pumpkin chocolate chip bread today when I realized all the chocolate chips had been sucked down but not one person in the house was to blame. Hmm....interesting. They were all but gone and not one kid confessed to eating them. So, needless to say there is no pumpkin chocolate chip bread. Believe it or not I do love the holidays. I'm just always really glad when they are over!!! I know, I know I sound like the most miserable person. I swear I'm a happy girl, it's just all these mishaps in life get me discouraged at times :)

It's exercise and sunshine that I need. I have taken 2 weeks off at the gym and I need to get back. The break has been nice but I feel like a chubby slob. Come Monday morning I'll be there! I also got new dishes yesterday and I need to open them and look at them so I can get excited. Nothing says happiness like retail therapy! Just kidding...I guess...there are other things in life that make me happier than shopping, i.e.-kids :-|, husband, ooey gooeys. Shopping is up there though!

Oh, by the way, Alabama beat Auburn today! ROLL TIDE! Charles wanted Auburn to win and I'm a BAMA fan! :) We won.

2 comments:

Trisha said...

Ahshley, You never called back and I have been thinking about you, but I didn't want to bother you once again. Are you doing okay? 5 1/2ish more days until your hubby comes and you can maybe have a little mental break and especially a break from having to be the only disciplinarian in the home! I admire you for your strength through Charles' deployment and through all the crap that certain others have created in your life. Despite what you may think or the way other blogs may make you feel - you are a fabulous mother. I mean look, you choose the cussing over the beating...they are lucky boys :) You're awesome, love ya!!

Ashley said...

Trisha, you crack me right up! You're right, I'm good. I don't beat 'em!