Saturday, November 8, 2008

Saturday Night Fever

Today was a nutty day! Leaves are everywhere and my boys were in charge of raking them up. They were supposed to do it yesterday after school but Charlie talked me into letting him go to a friends's house instead of doing the yard. I told him that if I let him do this he was going to have to do the leaves today with no complaining. Well he got the leaves done but not without the complaining. Ryan got to go with Uncle Matt to the rock climbing wall today. For some reason all of my boys think that if one of them gets to do something special and fun then they all need to get to do something special and fun. Matt is taking the kids one at a time to spend time with them. Every time he takes one of them the others get a little sulky even though they know their time is coming. Charlie also got to go and do something on his own without anyone tagging along. Aunt Jade took him to a farm where he got to help kill chickens and prepare them for eating!! They got some of the nastiest pictures ever. I have never seen so much blood. Apparently chickens really do run around after their heads have been cut off! He loved watching it but I don't know that he'll be eating chicken for a while. He was amazed at how they look like "real" chickens once they had no feathers or a head! He was referring to the way they look in the grocery store!! We're city folk :)

I had to make 2 trips to Wal*Mart today. Again, I hate doing this with children. I get the same outcome every single time. I don't know why I think it may be different but that is what they call crazy. When you do the same thing over and over and expect a different result. This is me! But how do you escape this when you're a mother? Oh but I did get 2 jackets I had been eyeballing and they had been marked down to clearance. I was excited!

I have gotten my wardrobe for when my husband arrives!! I am so freakin' excited I can't stand it. I like to have a reason to get new clothes and having a husband coming home soon is a great excuse. Only 6 more days till I leave. I have a lot to do this week. Hair, nails, tanning, packing cleaning, ooh I can't wait! I was feeling a little guilty at first about the kids not getting to come with me. But now...I am so glad they aren't coming. They have been driving me insane lately and I am so looking forward to a break. I don't feel bad for saying that either. Good gosh!

So tomorrow is Sunday and I can't seem to get excited about this new calling. Normally I get pumped and motivated when I receive a new church calling but I'm just not there with this one. I was hoping for a break the entire time I was here in Utah. I was thinking there was an age requirement to be in the RS presidency in the state of Utah!! Guess not. I guess one good thing is I know it will only be for a short while.

It's gonna be a long week.

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Matt & I are with you on that loooooonnnnnggggg week!