Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Hmmm.....

I can't seem to get back into my routine. I had a lot of business stuff to take care of today and it took up a lot of my morning. We were finally able to get our insurance claim settled and got a check for our car. Now we have to decide if we want another car. We leave for Arizona in the spring and hopefully we'll be able to live on post and save some money. If we do that then Charles can bike to work. I guess we'll see. A second car does come in handy and it's been a long time since we've been a one car family!

So... Thanksgiving is Thursday and Charles gets to spend it in Birmingham while we are all here! It's hard for him to be in the United States and not able to be here with us yet. In fact, it downright sucks. We only have 9 days to go after this night is over and then he'll be here for an entire month. We have tons planned and I can't wait! It'll be like a vacation since he hasn't been able to spend a lot of time here. Christmas will be super fun this year too! I am looking forward to getting settled in Arizona and back into my life. I have thoroughly enjoyed living here this year but I'm very ready to get settled back into my marriage and be a real family again.

Have you ever had an experience where someone has done something really horrible and then they try to turn the situation around to make themselves look like a victim and you're standing there wondering what the heck just happened? Well...I actually know quite a few people like this. I do not understand this personality but I think it may be called a sociopath or something like that. I'm not sure what it is about me that attracts people like this to me but obviously there is something these people can sniff out! I have to come to a point in my life where I can know they are not the victims and they are trying to place the blame elsewhere. I haven't always been this way though. I used to let them get to my mind and think I was somehow to blame for their misdeeds. No more though. I guess when you deal with it enough you come to learn through experience. Just some thoughts :)

Why is it when you leave your kids behind for a few days you miss them like crazy only to return and wish you had spent more time enjoying being away from them? This is where I am right now! I think my kids only fight when I'm around. I think they only enjoy making ME nuts! In fact, I KNOW this! I love those boys! Hurry home Babe!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh how I have missed your blogs! I am so glad that you got to spend some time with your hubby! I dont like to hear all this talk about moving to Arizona though.. I think that part sucks! I love that you are in my ward and it will be sad to have your cute little family not there in the Spring! I hope you have a good Thanksgiving..it sucks he cant be with you guys..but Christmas WILL be the best for you and your family!!

Matt and Jade said...

I know a couple of sociopaths also. What brought this one up? The boys fought with us too, and each other. lol. We enjoyed it though, cant wait to spend the next couple of days with you all.