Wednesday, December 3, 2008

HUMP DAY

Why is it called hump day anyway? Doesn't that sound a little provocative? I had a good day today! I finally got back into my gym routine and it feels good to be normal again! The kids got out early today and I took them to this little pond to feed the ducks. The sea gulls got most of the bread but it was still a good time. We saw a little otter and tried for a while to get a picture of him. We finally caught sight of him again, right before it was time to go, and snapped a picture!

After the pond, I braved taking all the kids to Ross so Charlie could buy himself a new pair of jeans. He's bugs me all the time about getting jeans. I bought him 2 pairs of jeans at the beginning of the school year and then he got some hand me down jeans, that are in perfect condition, and he refuses to wear them. Therefore, I have refused to purchase him anything new. I will not indulge that. He has gotten so picky about what he wears and it makes me NUTS! He has a closet FULL of stuff that he won't wear. If he's willing to buy it with his own money then I guess he can!

Yesterday I opened my cell phone bill to see that it was almost double what it normally is. I was in a panic thinking I had forgotten to pay the bill last month. I was scanning over the bill to see what the heck was going on and why my bill was so much. To my surprise there was over 337 incoming and outgoing text messages that had been sent and received. We have no texting plan either! So.....at 20 cents per text, we had $67.40 charged to our bill! Yeah...I was super pissed. Ryan had been texting his friends like a mad man. Needless to say, Ryan will no longer be allowed to use the cell phone. This is the 2nd time this has occurred! He'll be my slave until he earns enough to pay me back. Oh...the joy of parenthood :)

Only 2 more days until Charles is in Utah. I'm ecstatic! We have a busy Saturday planned and then his 33rd birthday will be Monday. I can't believe he's that old. I was 16 and he had just turned 18 when we started dating. It is so hard to believe where we are almost 14 years and 4 kids later! I love him. I can't wait to be a family once again. We will be getting ready to move before too long and it seems strange that we will once again start our lives anew somewhere else. The army life....we're used to it. Sad..but true.

2 comments:

Trisha said...

Happy - Welcome home Charles and Happy Birthday (in a few days).

Sad - Sad, but is it really true? Okay, okay, I know it is. I will be okay.

Anonymous said...

I love this post, until I read the last line... that you guys will start a new home soon... It is CRAP that you are leaving this area! We love you in our ward! I love having Josh and I have Cody come January...so at least I will have him for a little bit!