Thursday, November 6, 2008

So I've been thinking.....

about life. I talked to a friend of mine yesterday. She's in the same boat as me. I knew her in Tennessee and her husband is deployed too. She also moved the heck out of Clarksville. Anyway, she was telling me about another family we knew that got out of the army and moved west. She told me they bought a big home in some trendy neighborhood. Ok, this is fine. But...she also told me the wife had to get a full time job during the day and does nails at night to be able to afford this home. Now....why would you do this? Especially when you've been a stay at home mother for so long. I mean, I get wanting to work because your kids make you nuts. I would love to do this but I never would. My kids are too important for me to do this. I also understand that there are so many women out there that would love to stay home but because of circumstances they HAVE to go and work to support their kids. So it made me think how Charles and I have been married for almost 14 years and we STILL live payday to payday. Well, I have found my answer. I think you will have in life what is the most important to you. I think if you want the big house and all the stuff your neighbors have that is exactly what you will get. You will give up everything you need to to attain this. If you want a strong family and to be able to teach your kids good values on your own then this is what you will have. You will give up everything you need to to be able to have this. You will give up the big home and the job that keeps you away from your family. So I learned yesterday that I am glad we STILL live payday to payday. I'm glad I get to see my kids everyday and be a big part of their lives. I'm glad I get to see Charles a lot, when he is actually in the country, of course. I can't wait for him to get home and to be able to eat lunch with him everyday while our kids are at school. I can't wait for the 4 day holidays we'll get to be able to spend together when he is finally home. I'm glad we've been able to make that sacrifice and have a good marriage and good kids because of it. It's not so bad being poor and living in a tiny house! Now, I know there are women out there that have to work and have no other choice. I think their kids will see this and know what good women their moms are for sticking around and making sure they always provide everything they need!

Tonight I got some energy and started cleaning my house. It's been a CrAzY mess since I've been sick and you know there isn't anyone that lives here that's going to chip in and help out without being asked. I haven't even bothered asking either. That takes more energy than cleaning. It was nice to get some things done that were long overdue.

Today was a crazy day. Charlie had a field trip after school. They went to fat cats and then we had to be at the church at 445. Of course nothing at fat cats was organized and we spent the first 30 minutes trying to figure out what the heck was going on. Charlie didn't want to get in there and find anything out until I had to get frustrated and then he tells me I'm stressing him out. Ok-here I am with 4 kids kids at fats cats and he's the one getting stressed. What's wrong with this? He was able to get about 30 minutes of bowling and a slice of pizza in before we had to get out of there. And can I just say I am so happy that I have 4 boys instead of 4 girls. I wanted to bite my fist being around so many 6th grade girls today! I wouldn't have been able to get everything done with the field trip and the youth trip had it not been for Trisha loading all of her kids plus her day care kids up and getting Charlie's church clothes ready and bringing them to us at the church! Thanks Trisha, my hero for this day! See I have good folks in my life. Not all of them want to steal my money!

So, I'm very glad the night has come to an end and kids are in the bed. I have only one more week until Matt and Jade get to take over my life. I can't wait! I hope they enjoy it as much as I do. I am so excited to see Charles next week. I can't believe it's getting here so fast. I'm sure next week will crawl by. I'm also excited to see my sister and her kids! I'm what I like to call sanc happy!! I'm sure there will be lots of questions about that one! Charles and Ericka will both know what that is :)

Oh yeah, I also found out I have a gas leak in my house. Thanks Matt B. for finding this for me. Isn't is ALWAYS something. I guess I can thank my Lord that none of us have died from carbon monoxide. Only one more week and I get to pass my worries onto someone else.

3 comments:

Trisha said...

No Ashley - not a hero - just a friend who cares and who has been helped out by you in crazy times!

You were right! What on earth is sanc happy. Is it in the dictionary?

Elder Quinn Kay Longhurst said...

I have come to the same conclusion! Nobody has it any easier....just different. I'd love to have the big house, nice yard, and all the money in the world but those people don't seem happy either. I think you have to make yourself happy no matter your circumstances. LOVE the Budges! I'm so glad Matt found your gas leak. How did he find it? What a scary thing. I found out that even the smallest amount of carbon monoxide in the home can cause depression. No wonder we're all a little sad these days!

Matt and Jade said...

I'm just glad that your passing it on to me. lol. No we are excited to take them on. I'm sorry about your gas leak. Are you having someone come and look at it? Is Charlie excited about the chicken killings, we'll be doing?