Sunday, November 2, 2008

I'm feeling a little sad...

today. I haven't slept in about 36 hours and my eyelids feel as though they weigh 60 lbs a piece! Josh came upstairs last night and told me he had thrown up. It was 2 a.m. and I happened to still be up. I asked him where he threw up and of course it was all over the couch! That was a good time cleaning that up. I cleaned him up and put him in his bed and went to work on the mess. Still have the sinus infection by the way! Thankfully whatever it was he had passed as soon as he threw it up. No lingering virus! So this was good news. But the stench left in my couch is not so great. I wonder if i should just huck it and go get a new one. The kids have completely trashed the sucker anyway. Oh well I'm not really caring lately what my house looks like anyway. I guess we could let it get down to the pad and foam and it would still work.

I had to stand up in Relief Society today and talk about myself. The new president wanted all the sisters to get to know the new presidency on a personal level. This ward is awesome and always making me feel so good. We have good ladies in our ward. It was a good Sunday. I learned a lot about myself and it always feels good to be more self aware. I need to try harder and always do my best and the rest will come.

Back to the grindstone tomorrow, hopefully. I am crossing my fingers that we don't have any midnight wakings with someone vomiting on the carpet. I don't mind the vomit so much but I tell my kids to aim for something that can be thrown in the washer but this isn't always how it happens. I remember Charlie, one time, during 1st deployment of course, got sick. He was on the top bunk and instead of throwing up on his bed, he leans over the edge of the bunk and pukes ALL OVER EVERYTHING below. The bottom bunk, the carpet, walls, his brothers and all down the bed. It was spaghetti for dinner that night too. It was a teeny bit frustrating. I was up for an hour scrubbing that mess up. Loved it! I love 'em though! Anyway, I had to make an early post tonight since I will probably retire to bed early!

Oh I have a cool story for all the military families out there. So I am sitting in pack meeting on Thursday and night and look over and see this guy who has a very familiar face. It took me about 2 minutes to realize it was a guy we had been stationed with at Ft. Gordon. He and Charles had been home teaching companions and I had been his wife's visiting teacher. Pretty neat. I even recognized him on top of the 75+ lubs he has gained since getting out of the military. But hey, everybody's entitled to a few extra pounds, right? I don't mind chubby people. They're good too.

4 comments:

Trisha said...

It's a darn good thing you like chubby people Ashley. Otherwise I couldn't be your friend. Have a good night, sweet dreams and call me in the morning!!

Anonymous said...

thansk goodness for you liking chubby people..I feel safe! lol.. Parkers only been sick with the throw stuff twice..thankfully..and it hasnt been too bad! I cant imagine the couch, bed, walls etc etc! I am glad you like the ward.. I grew up in that ward and moved back five years ago, I still dont know everyone (being in Primary keeps me sheltered) but I have enjoyed raising Parker in the ward.. My mom said you did really good talking about yourself, made a few people laugh as always! :) Get feeling better!!

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

Girls, Of course I like chubby people! I mean look at me, I still have 3 or 4 pounds to lose! :)