Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Veteran's Day!

I've been a military wife my entire marriage and couldn't be more proud of my husband's profession. Yes, it's been hard at times and we miss him like crazy when he's gone. But I am so proud of the service he gives to this country. Today I was out running errands and drove down West Harrisville Road and flags were lining the street. I was so proud to be an American! I am so grateful to live in this country and for the sacrifices of all veterans AND their families. Yes, the families sacrifice too. Thanks Babe for your service! I wish I knew how to post pictures on here cuz I would post some sexy picture of you decked out in your army attire. :) Oh well... I know how good you look in that uniform and that's all that matters.

I leave in 3 days and am so excited! Still have no idea when my husband should arrive. Let's just hope and pray it's before the 23rd. That is one thing about military life I do not enjoy, last minute plans and stuff never working out the way it is supposed to. All you can do is hope things will go the way they tell you it will go. Obviously, right now things aren't going for us the way they said. What can you do though? Not a dang thing!

So there I am in kickboxing class today and the teacher is super fit and had us doing all sorts of crazy, bouncing exercises. Now, I hate bouncing around. It is just something I do not do. EVERYTHING bounces and this is what I do not like. I had to leave class 10 minutes early since she wanted us to bounce way more than I was comfortable with. Our weigh in is tomorrow and I have a dang good feeling Trisha and I are going to be the winners of that challenge. I just feel it! We're gonna get our money back! Mark my word folks.

Does anyone, besides Charles and me, feel like this week is the slowest week of their life? Trisha and Matt, what about y'all? :) 3 more days, of course that's only till I leave, who knows when I will see my lover.

3 comments:

Robin Fisher said...

The last week of the deployment is ALWAYS the longest. It gets even longer every time their return date is delayed. It feels like you are going to come un-glued at any minute. Just ask my kids :) But Mike made it home on Saturday and we are doing GREAT!! Let me know when you are in Clarksville.

Trisha said...

Charles, we are proud of you also and thank you for your service. Ashley, Charlie, Ryan, Josh & Cody... you are all amazing and have sacrificed a lot. Thanks for letting your Daddy fight for our freedom. Yes, Matt & I were just discussing how long the week has felt and it isn't getting any LIGHTER!!!

Matt & Trisha :)

Bartholomew said...

Thanks Trisha. Ashley and the boys really are great, aren't they? We're all excited about being back together again real soon!! Thank you for all of your support and for being such a good friend to Ashley and our family.