Monday, November 10, 2008

What else?

Life feels crazy lately. It seems strange to me that here I am at the end of the 2nd longest year of my life and it seems to be crawling by. It seems like things keep happening and I feel like I can't take one more piece of bad news.

Getting kids out the door today was insane. The little ones like to take their time and it gets the older ones so ticked off because it doesn't leave them enough goof off time before school starts. Charlie and Ryan got to leave without the younger ones today though. Then, it came, my most favorite time of the day! I LOVE when all of my kids walk out the door in the morning. I love the silence for a minute. I looked down to Dixie and see a big glob of toothpaste smeared in her fur by her ear!! Poor dog. Cody loves tormenting her and she is scared to death of him. She thinks of him as her chew toy but gets scared when she sees that he has something in his hands. She doesn't feel so safe with Cody. Rightfully so, there was one time he put a rubber band around her ankle and it caused her circulation to be cut off. I had no idea what was going on so I took her to the vet after the sore wouldn't heal. The vet shaves the fur from around that part of her leg and brings in a tiny rubber band. I could tell by the "oh yeah I forgot about that" look on Cody's face he had done this and forgot to take it off. The poor dog had to wear a huge "e" collar and was on antibiotics for a week. She won't come near anyone if he is near. Cody loves to play with her though and at times she loves to play with him. I don't know what it is, but for some reason, lately my kids have been giving me a run for my money. I'm still thankful I get to leave on Friday and turn my life over to someone else. As I sit here and type this out, Charlie is farting with the lights, turning them on and off. I can't seem to ever have a minute that isn't filled with something to do. I guess that's life though, huh?

So, Thanksgiving is right around corner!! I have to admit, I am a party pooper when my husband isn't around. I don't enjoy the holidays so much when he isn't with us. So this year we are doing exactly what we did last year.... going to Golden Corral for dinner and something fun afterwards. I haven't decided yet what we'll do for the fun part. For some reason, I feel like the biggest piece of white trash when I go to Golden Corral. My kids are absolutely thrilled to be going though. They LOVE that place. The idea of getting to eat whatever the heck you want thrills them to death! Matt and Jade are going with us again this year. I have to say, it was the cheapest Thanksgiving dinner ever and no clean up and no leftovers. Not bad!

Still no definite date as to when my husband might be arriving. A little frustrating to say the least. All I know is it's supposed to be within the week. We were told it would be Saturday but it's not looking like that will be the case. I guess since I've done 2 years of this I can do another week! These last few days are crawling by though. I have a lot to do this week to keep me busy. Parent/teacher conferences, doctor appointments, grocery shopping, hair appointments, enrichment meeting, weight loss class and reccommend interview, oh.. and a presidency meeting! Plus packing and getting crap ready for Matt and Jade to take over. Can't wait for the break.

2 comments:

Trisha said...

My dearest Ashley, as I sit here reading your post with my bones shivering inside me and liquid in hand, I can't help but contemplate... YOU NEED TO GO TO TIME-OUT. That's right, that kid-dreaded time-out has rightfully been granted to you because you DESERVE it!!

The Allan Family said...

I love how you rant! it reminds me of how FUN it will be to have Michael gone. He leaves for 4 months of training in 3 weeks, then 3 months later gets deployed to Iraq! FUN, FUN!!!