Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Update.....

Just in case there is anyone out there interested in the cowboy cookies.....I made them tonight and they are the BEST cookies I have ever eaten or baked. I thought I needed to share this recipe since I do not want to keep this goodness all to myself. Here goes.....

2 c. flour (I used all whole white wheat flour)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 c. butter, softened
1 c white sugar
1 c brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups rolled oats ( I used regular oats, not quick)
1 c chocolate chips ( I used the whole 2 cup bag)
1 c coconut

Preheat oven to 350. Sift together the first 4 ingredients. Set aside. Cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Stir in sifted ingredients. Stir in oats, chocolate chips and coconut. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Eat and repeat!

I wasn't sure how the coconut would be in these. I had some I needed to get rid of so I said what the heck. It was delicious. The texture was fabulous and I enjoyed myself to the max as I partook. This recipe made about 3 1/2 dozen for me. However, if you don't have anyone eating the dough I'm not sure how many it would make! Let me know if any of you try it.

No comments: