Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I can't think of a title

My legs and the majority of my lower body are in major pain today! They have been since the middle of my kickboxing class yesterday. I love the afternoon teacher since she doesn't make us do things that make me feel foolish and I still get a kick butt workout! I actually like the sore feeling since it makes me know I'm doing some good. Now if I could just stop baking pumpkin chocolate chip bread I might do some real good!

Charles is into day 3 of his outprocessing journey! Military life is ALWAYS bringing new and exciting challenges! Once you think things are going to go one way the army is quick to inform you that what you thought is a big, fat sike. It's ok though, after the year I have had I think I can try and handle just about anything that comes my way. MaYbE!! :| It is so hard to believe that we will be moving in about a month. Moving is like childbirth.....you always forget how miserable it is until your legs are in the stirrups! I love seeing different places and moving around but the packing process and the initial change absolutely sucks. Of course, I would have taken this opportunity last year at this time instead of sending Charles off for a year. It'll work out...maybe not smoothly... but problems are temporary. At least the army will be moving us and we won't have to worry about packing our kavach! (kavach is Dutch for s--t, for those of you who don't know)

Trisha and I got the grand idea of walking to Smith's tonight. I had to get a few things and we needed to start our nightly walks again and we said "what the heck." It was a good thought until we got out on the icy sidewalks. There were no sidewalks at all on parts of the trip and we were tredging through 6 inches of snow with tennis shoes on. Bad idea! Not to mention sliding through King's prking lot. It was good for some laughs though! :) Matt ended up driving up to get us for the ride home:| Oh well at least we started our walks again. It's not that walking at night is a bad thing, it's just that initial decision of getting up and going that is so dang hard. Until the snow melts we'll have to use the track.

Man, I have a lot to think about for the next month. I try hard these days not to worry about stuff. Worrying doesn't do a bit of good. All it does for me is make me want to poop. But it is hard for me to not worry. Really though, what is the point. Whatever is gonna happen will happen and all the worrying in the world won't change it.

You should see the pile of clean laundry in my room that needs to be folded. :\ Dang it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DONT MOVE. thats all I have to say. I HATE THE THOUGHT OF IT. we will miss you and your family so much. I love getting to know Cody in my class..and now he will be GONE. this is not fair to the rest of us.. dont you know that!! You have made a lasting impression on me, that is for sure. I hope you keep up with the blogging so I can still feel like I am apart of your little life! You are the best!

Ashley said...

Kari, you're so freakin' nice!