Monday, January 26, 2009

I love America :)

Apparently there has been question of whether or not I voted for Obama. A certain someone thought that one of my previous post insinuated that I may have voted dem in the election. I can assure you that this is not the case. I know politics is something that shouldn't be discussed and normally I don't but I just didn't want anyone to think I voted for an African American democrat. I'm an army wife from Alabama people! Not to mention all the crap he's done in the few days he's been in office. I won't even go into all that.

I had a great weekend. Trisha, her mom and I went to time out for women and it was fabulous. We got a weekend with no obligations, chores, cooking, laundry or any other mundane tasks we normally have to do. Although....Trisha has a great time doing day care, don't let her fool you. She LOVES her job...right trish?!! TOFW was great. They had lots of good speakers and performers and we even walked away with a cute totebag. I was supposed to win the shelf reliance food shelf but they accidentally drew someone else's name instead. Oh well! I learned some valuable things while I listened to the talks. I learned that it's ok that college would bore me to death. Maybe that will be something I want to do when I get older and my kids are raised. But then again...maybe not! We don't have to be everything all at once. We can do things one at a time and that's ok. Right now I have to focus on being a mom and be the best I can be at that. It does take a lot of time to get good at that job! At least for me it does. It's good to laugh. It's ok that our kids aren't good at everything and we shouldn't model competitve behavior....oops! We need to prioritize important things and make sure we have the basics down before we move onto other things. I'm glad I went and maybe I'll get to go to the one in Phoenix in October!

Ok... apparently some of those that are not from the southern part of the country feel like the African American race are so mistreated. I had a conversation today with a sister that I visit teach and she asked me about this. She wasn't trying to be rude but was just unfamiliar with the race. She wanted to know a southerner's take on the black folks. Let me assure you people that the blacks in the south are like no other you have encountered if you've never been further east than Colorado. If the African American community knew how their ancestors had to live in Africa they would be on their knees everyday thanking the good Lord that he sent them to America. Those people need to stop thinking about things to complain about. I could write an entire novel about this but I will stop here. It irritates me.

I think that's about all the racist remarks I have for tonight :)

1 comment:

Trisha said...

I am telling you, there isn't a better job than mine. You know you miss it and maybe you can get back into the 'tied down to kids, can't leave the house, eat because your home and stressed' business when you get to Arizona...No, don't do it Ashley. Refrain.

Okay, that was all a bit retarded, but hey that's what daycare does to you.

It was a fabulous weekend. I am so glad we had the chance to go. You are a great friend. I will surly miss you. SOB, SOB.