Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Rantings of a mad woman.....

If there is anyone out there that is preparing to move in the next 6 months you have to promise yourself and your spouse that you WILL NOT get a divorce. EVERY time we move I want to give Charles a great, big slap and a swift kick to the groin. It is such a stressful time to uproot your life and move on to the next assignment. I do have to say, the army has been a good life for us as long as we get to stay put. I know, I know, I brought this move to Ogden on myself. I had to get out of Tennessee though. I would have gone nuts had I stayed. And boy am I glad we did move. Charles put the house up on KSL today and he did not want my advice on the pictures he should put up. First of all, he was getting all the junk we have lying around our house in the pictures. I mean, people don't want to see all your kids' trophies and Spongebob CD player in the background. They want to envision your home with all THEIR crap, not yours. Anyway, we had some disagreements on that, but we're fine now. We'll be good until he irritates me again. Reintegration is hard folks, it's not all great sex and fun!

Well, the tooth fairy forgot to come and get Josh's front tooth last night! Whoopsie daisy! Dang it, I hate when I do that. As a matter of fact, when Cody came to tell us, this morning, the tooth fairy hadn't come I had to remind Josh that it took 2 nights the last time he lost a tooth. :| Josh thought she didn't get his tooth and leave him some loot because his tooth container had fallen off of the bed and maybe she couldn't find it. I assured him that is probably exactly why she didn't get it but promised him she would for sure get it tonight. Hey...I can't be perfect all the time.

In an effort to clear out the pantry and get rid of some of our food, I've been baking up a storm lately. Baking means eating also! I need to get a handle. Today's recipe was whole wheat waffles. I'm not a great morning person. Therefore if breakfast food isn't made ahead of time then it's something quick and easy in the a.m. So, since I did the waffles today, while most of the kids were at school, they get to have hot, fresh out of the microwave waffles all week long! Cody actually helped me make them. At one point, I had walked out of the kitchen to see if Charles needed my help trying to get our house sold, and he had taken the waffles off of the iron and added more batter to it. He was quite pleased with himself and I was equally excited knowing this could be a job he can take over! It's was a great experience for both of us! Cody likes to bake as well. He likes the finished product most of all!

Well tonight's recipe will be cowboy cookies. I'll let you know how they turn out. The recipe calls for chocolate chips so I'm pretty sure it will be fine!

No comments: