Saturday, January 3, 2009

Dang IT!

Well, Charles left today for 2 weeks.....CRAP! It's a totally different feeling though. It isn't nearly as bad as it is when I know he is leaving for a year. He has to go tie things up at Ft. Campbell and we'll be done with that place forever January 15th! Thank heavens. It will be nice to be back into some type of a routine. Plus school starts back on Monday and that is an exciting thing :)

I have to give the lesson in RS tomorrow and I'm as nervous as a cat covering up poop on a hot, tin roof :| It is so scary to speak in public. I can't think of anything I dislike more....well maybe a few things! It's definitely up there though. Our church times change tomorrow and we go to the 9 o'clock schedule. I'm not much of a morning person so this is going to be hard for me. But at least I can get the lesson over with sooner. I think it's supposed to be like 5 degrees in the morning too...another thing I don't like so much....coldness. Hate being cold :) Love Utah though!

We've only lived in Utah for just over a year. It seems like it's been a lot longer than that though. Tonight on our way back from the airport we took a little trip down memory lane. It seems weird to now know things I didn't know when we moved here. I'm glad for my time here and for what I now know. Both times Charles has deployed I feel like we both grew so much during the separation. It brings us closer but it's a little sad to know that there are some things in this life I HAD to learn while he was away. I guess I rely on him more than I should. I need to rely more on Christ to help me through things. This is one of the biggest challenges I had to face both times he was gone. Anyway, this year has been full of interesting challenges and obstacles. I'm thankful for the things I've learned and the experiences I've had, the people I've met and come to love and the opportunities I was given. It is so hard to believe I'll be outta here in about 6 weeks. I'm thrilled to know this departure is only 2 weeks long and he'll be back a lot sooner than later. I'm thankful I'm not headed to prison and that I don't have an 80's hair style!! ;) Anyway, I love my family tons and I'm thankful as heck for my kids. (even when Charlie bugs me to death about taking him to Aeropostale cuz he says all of his clothes are nerdy and he needs new ones) Life is good to me!

No comments: