Tuesday, January 27, 2009

HMMMM.....

I love listening to a kindergartner read!!! Cody is learning to read right now and he sounds every letter out. It cracks me up! Tonight he was reading and he came across the word "use". Apparently, his teacher has not taught him how to blend consonants so it comes out as "us-y." He gets so frustrated and it is torture for me. Good thing he is so freakin' cute. I seriously could not be a teacher.

One of my favorite things is getting my hair done. Charles tells me I'm high maintenance. I get it done every 6-7 weeks. I have been trying to let my hair grow out but today I had had enough. I give my pregnant hair dresser a call and I was told she started her maternity leave yesterday! I'm leaving in 2 weeks and I am going to go nuts. Once we get to Arizona I will have to find someone I like and who knows how long that can take. So, tonight I took matters into my own hands :) I went to Wal*Mart and got some hair dye! Charles took his shirt off and put on rubber gloves and dyed my hair for me. It isn't cut but I figured a new color would make me feel somewhat cuter. He did a pretty good job. He was nervous at first but I stepped him through it. He's a man of many talents and now he can add hair dresser to his list. The color is a little darker than I am used to but I like it! He's a good looking hair dresser.

I can't seem to get enough sugar in my diet lately. I have been baking like a mad woman. Tonight I made some granola and it turned out fabulous. I have been trying to find a recipe that makes chunks of granola and tonight I learned the secrets of making chunky granola. I'm pretty excited about it! I try to get my kids to eat it as cereal but they aren't so much into the healthy eating thing. Today I served wheat cereal for breakfast and it did not go over well at all. I thought it was worth a try though. After the first bite they looked at me like I was nuts so they ended up having eggs in a hole. Josh had cinnamon toast since he can't stand even the look of an egg. He gets that from my sister. She can't stand eggs. I have a story about an egg as a matter of fact. Here goes....Charlie was at soccer practice one day when we lived in Tennessee. He brings over this blue egg to me and says "hey Mom, is this a bird egg?" I asked to him to let me see it and I squeezed it a little and the dadgum thing broke open and splashed all over me! I was pissed! It was so disgusting. Charlie knew I was extremely irritated but he chuckled anyway. I had to go home and change and wash up. I called my sister on the way home to tell her all about it, knowing her feeling of eggs. She couldn't stop gagging. It was bad. So anyway, there's that.

I have a hilarious story about my little niece. Apparently there is a little girl at her preschool that always tells her she's fat. Well, she is far from fat but hearing this is giving her some self esteem issues. My sister told her she needed to stand up for herself and to tell that girl to not be so mean to her. Well about 2 weeks ago this brat tells her once again that she is fat. This time Alyssa wasn't gonna take it. She says to the little girl, who happens to be of African American descent, "well you have butthole hair." Ok-if you knew my sweet, blonde headed, adorable niece this would be even more hilarious! Needless to say, she hasn't been called fat since then. I guess she told her. My sister has no idea where the term "butthole hair" even came from! :|

I haven't been to the gym in 2 days. I'm a little stressed over moving in 2 weeks. Plus, Charles is asking me tons of questions about our taxes and it is making me nuts! I think I need a cookie! I gotta get to the gym. I need some sunshine too. Arizona will be good for that.

4 comments:

Trisha said...

2 weeks? It seems like just yesterday that it was 4 or 6 or somthing like that.

Can't wait to see your hair today.

Matt and Jade said...

My mom says it's been stormy, I hope that changes in the next two weeks.

ericka said...

Jade-two words-Debbie Downer!!

Trisha said...

Oh my Ashley, your blog is darling!