Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Democrats have taken over.......

It's ok th0ugh.....I have to be disgruntled...I'm an army wife from Alabama and a democrat is a whammy! There's no telling how many people that will piss off:) Of course, it is MY blog!

Does anyone remember the salmon tacos I mentioned a while back? Well, tonight was the test run for those babies and WOW! were they good! If they sound delicious to you, here's the recipe. I'm pretty sure if you substituted with chicken or beef it would be equally scrumptious. I've been in a cooking sort of mood lately since we have a lot of food to get rid of before we move. We're close to our moving weight and we have to decide if there's anything we can get rid of.

Charles and I went on a bike ride at the Ogden River Trail. It was fun until about halfway through. I was so tired and ready to be done. I didn't think that trail would ever end. It was a very nice ride though and a great day to be outside. I had gotten all bundled up for our little trek, since it was 22 degrees outside, but by the end I was sweating like a pig. I always think that I am in relatively decent shape until I get on my bike for a ride. The gears are all jacked up and I can't go below 5 on the right gears. It kicks my butt every time I ride that thing. A few days on that thing and I would be in some good shape in no time!

Oh yeah, I have good news! Charles called the housing office in Arizona today and they told him they should have a house on post for us to move into by the time we get there next month. That means we won't have to live in a hotel for a month. This is fabulous news for us! Hope it works out. It should...we're good people.

Tomorrow is shake night!! I can't wait :)

1 comment:

Matt and Jade said...

I decided that I don't want you to go. I've enjoyed getting to know you better. I guess I'll just have to come visit.