Monday, December 8, 2008

Happy Birthday to Charles!

33 years old! We lit the candles on his pound cake and the smoke detector went off! I'm not kidding! It was so funny! I love him. Everyone in my family gets to pick what kind of cake they want me to make for their birthday. Charles chose a cream cheese pound cake with strawberries and french vanilla ice cream. He loves my pound cake. I'm more of a chocolate kind of gal so I made a chocolate one too. It was much better than the cream cheese one. Plus we had brownie over load ice cream to go with the chocolate pound cake. YUM! that's all I'm saying. Charles had to grill his own dinner tonight. We had steaks and they were delicious. Grilling is a talent my husband possesses and I sure did miss it while he was away.

We have yet to put up our Christmas tree. We do have lights on the outside of our house but still nothing up on the inside. My sister can't believe we don't have anything up yet cuz she says her house looks like the north pole came and took a dump in it! We gotta get that tree up. I'm not much of a clutter lover and Christmas decorations make me a little nuts every year. Oh well..it'll get done!

So there we are tonight in Charlie's bedroom with both of the older kids. Charles had gotten this used laptop while he was in Iraq. It was broken and the guy that gave it to him told him if he could fix it he was more than welcome to keep it.Of course he was able to fix it and he gave it to the kids. As we were sitting there we were discussing all the clothes Charlie has that he NEVER wears. He proceeds to tell me that the Old Navy jeans, we got for free, would be worn if I had paid money for them! He doesn't like the fact we got them as hand me downs! I couldn't believe my ears. I was super PISSED that those words came out of his mouth. Well, all he managed to do by making that comment was get himself thrift store clothes until I'm not pissed about that comment anymore! So... there!!

That was my day, other than turning our cable boxes back in to Comcast and going to Wal*Mart for a few things! It is so nice to know my husband isn't going back to Iraq! I'm enjoying that thought! He's cute and it's hard to live without him and his grilled steaks :)

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Excuse me a moment while I wipe up the drool that somehow fell from my mouth to the computer table - - -Cakes, ice cream & steaks. Those delicious steaks you keep speaking of are making me nuts. We must have another steak night. :)