Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I need a hero......

My life has had absolutely no structure, whatsoever, since my husband arrived December 5th. I thrive off of a schedule. I do so much better when my days are planned out and have some meaning. We have stayed up late, gotten up late, eaten whatever we wanted, go where we want when we want and do whatever the heck we want to do!! My kids, however, have LOVED it. I need some type of a routine. I have not been exercising like I should, eating like a wild bear and everything I shouldn't be doing. But today was the end of all that. I went to the gym and ate healthy. Well, the healthy part is all relative! For the most part though! I need to ease myself back into my old routine! We also managed to get to the temple and that felt great!

The upside of all the mayhem is that we have had tons of quality family time. Guitar Hero, Monopoly, cookie baking, front runner to temple square, sledding and more sledding and all manner of fun stuff! I'm pretty much kid stuffed out! School starts back on Monday and I am looking forward to that. Charles leaves again on Saturday for 2 weeks and that may be a little nice too. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love the man more than words can express. But....the army took him away for nearly 14 months and gave him back to me all at once :| It's a little more than a girl can take. I have been around him 24/7 for the last month. I do love him though! I don't want anyone to misinterpret any of these statements! He's cute and the help has been amazing!

So....there we are last night at temple square trying to be religious and good! We were watching the nativity when my kids start fighting. Normally I would have embarrassed them but I had to pretend to be a good Mormon since we were standing there listening about the birth of Christ. I think a snowball is what started the quarreling. I'm not really sure. Josh, somehow, got the best of Ryan, and he not wanting to be outdone by Josh, went nutso. So Charles had to squeeze the back of Ryan's neck and we were all there acting like pure white trash. Ryan pouted a good while after that and then we went back home :) It was a fun night though. Hope we get to have more of those now that we're a real a family once again. We're in Disneyland mode with Charles not working and all.

2 comments:

The Allan Family said...

I love it! "..but I had to try to pretend to be a good Mormon"

Trisha said...

Heavens Ashley, I have put on at least 10 big fat ones since our class ended. Talk about HEEEFFER. Anyhow, what a better time to start again than a new year. My goal is to get 10 back off before you take off on me. :(