Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tis the season

Do you ever feel like Chevy Chase during the Christmas season? I LOVE Christmas but it always feels like so much work. By the time everything is up and ready you're ready for the season to be over! We FINALLY pulled our decorations out today and got the tree up. I say "we" meaning mostly Charles. He was getting all the lights out when we noticed we're gonna need new ones. Half of the bulbs on most of the strands were out and we didn't want to take the time to figure out which bulb was bad since they only cost about 2 bucks to replace. He got started trying to figure out which ones were bad and about 3 minutes into it he said screw it. I took over thinking I could do it and save us some time and money but it took me more like 30 seconds before I said heck no, we'll buy new ones. So here we sit with our tree in the middle of the living room half way wrapped with lights and no ornaments! Cody is dying to get our tree decorated. He's been begging for days to get it up. I kept telling him as soon as his dad gets home we'll get it up. Well here we are going on a week of him being home and we're still trying. Joy to the world! :| (you must say that using Chevy Chase's voice from Christmas Vacation) That movie still cracks me right up!

We leave for California on Thursday and I'm pretty excited. Traveling is one thing I have enjoyed about moving around so much. Everywhere we move has always brought us to other places that are near. My kids have been able to see lots of stuff they wouldn't have been able to see had we not been in the military. I'm sure Charlie would tell you differently right now, but they have had a good life and lots of great opportunities! Now that Charles is home from Iraq military life ain't so bad!

Tomorrow is the last night of the weight loss challenge class, thank heavens! I'm so tired of my Wednesday night being taken up by that class. The only enjoyment I get out of it is going to Kirt's afterwards to get a shake:) I'm a health nut! It's our treat for either losing OR gaining! No, really it's how we treat ourselves for making it through another one of the boring leassons.

Well...tomorrow's another day!

No comments: