Thursday, December 25, 2008

Baby, it's cold outside

Merry Christmas! I can't believe it is already here again. I can clearly remember last Christmas when Charles was gone and how much we missed him. It was so nice to have him here today to put everything together and figure all the electronic things out. I know Christmas is only one day of the year but it is so important. It is so special to be with the ones you love most.

We had a great day! The kids were up at about 4:20, a.m. that is! Charles and I did our annual late night wrap session and didn't get to bed until 12:30-1 a.m. We told Charlie to get back to bed but we ended getting up at 5 and started our festivities. We were done with our unwrapping and our big Christmas breakfast meal and all the cleaning up by 8! It was so nice to not have to be anywhere today.

We've had 3 of our kids sick in the last 2 days! That's been fun! I have no idea where it came from but Cody started it all! We were up late Tuesday night watching a movie and Cody came downstairs crying. I thought he was upset because he couldn't find us in our room. To my surprise, when I met him on the staircase, he was covered in sweat and puke. I asked him if he threw up in his bed but he gave me another surprise and told me he puked in MY bed. After giving him a bath and changing our sheets and starting the puked up sheets in the washing machine we were in bed by 2:15 a.m. He continued to throw up every 30-40 minutes until 5:15. Then Josh woke up at 9 and he started! Charles was excited to be able to know how my last year went without him! He's also been shoveling snow like a mad man!! My life was way more exciting than his this last year!

So anyway...today was a great day and I have enjoyed every last minute of it! I love watching my kids enjoy their gifts and watching them get along. They loved having their dad here today and it's almost a distant memory that he was ever even gone in the first place. I'm so glad the year went by so fast and that we are all back together. I love my life and those that are most important to me make it good!

No comments: