Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas Eve Eve:)

Man it has been snowing non stop in Utah. At least here in North Ogden. We love it though! I love it especially, since I don't have to shovel this year. That has become Charles' job :) Love that! He's so cute doing it too. We're having some pictures taken this weekend and hopefully the snow will hold off long enough to let that happen. Another hope is that the photographer has the software to shave off some of my holiday poundage! Yikes! Still have all my wrapping to do and a few more things to get. We can't seem to spend enough money this holiday season. :| Cody is dying to get a basketball for Christmas. The 6 that we have in our garage aren't good enough and he has asked Santa 3 different times for a basketball. His hope in Santa will be crushed if he wakes up Christmas morn with no b'ball. So...I gotta get one to add to our massive collection! That's how I do things since I am the perfect mom!! :) Oh and speaking of being a perfect parent, we played Clue with the kids tonight. Just FYI, it is not a small kid game. It kept Cody's attention for about 5 minutes and then he ended up being the cookie server! Charlie won the game and Charles and I are super competitive! We HATE losing, mostly if it's to each other. We're OK if we lose to our kids. It is a fun little game. Oh yeah another perfect parent thing we did tonight...well it's a long story. Charlie was telling us a story today of a time when he was ding dong ditching. (we called it something else growing up) So he rings the doorbell of a younger couple and he got caught by the wife. Apparently she was super pissed that he had done this and went berzerk. She told him that if he did it again she was going to sue his parents. She was pregnant and told him she could go into premature labor and all this ridiculous stuff. For heaven's sake woman! So we were all over that. We loaded everyone up and...you guessed it....we went to ding dong ditch their house again. Ryan was the door bell ringer and we rolled around, dropped him off and waited. He rang and ran!! We never did see if they came to the door so we aren't sure if they were home or not. We'll get 'em though!! We're mature! The kids loved that we took them to do that.

Last night was the downtown Ogden Christmas village. It was freezing and the 2 older boys were fighting! That was a good time. What cracks me up is that Charlie gets so embarrassed about the dumbest stuff but he'll get out in a public setting and put Ryan in a head lock and that's supposed to be ok. It confuses me some. Love those kids!

Laundry has been overwhelming since Charles returned. I don't know what the heck he does to cause so much laundry but I think my load has tripled. This is one thing I forget when he is gone but sure do recall when he gets back. But I'll take laundry over shoveling snow!! Plus, he's so dang good looking out there shoveling!

I'm excited for Christmas and for the eve! It's snowy and Christmasy:)

1 comment:

Mere said...

You crack me up! Haha, reading your blog makes me feel like I'm right there amongst all the chaos again! I sure do miss you guys and hope you have a great christmas!