Thursday, December 4, 2008

The great outdoors

I love nature, I really do! It's better when you aren't babysitting kindergartners! Cody's class had a field trip to the Ogden Nature Center today. It's a nice place but I think I can see just as much nature in my own back yard. That's how the environmental center is too. They are both beautiful places but just not a whole lot to look at. We were standing there listening to our guide ramble on about bugs and animals and all things nature when one little kindergartner pipes up and says "can we go now?" I thought I was gonna burst out in laughter. It was so funny. They were all about as interested as I was. We saw caged eagles and hawks and turkeys that were in the wild. Oh and we also saw some deer running around. The kiddos did enjoy seeing that but all the info that was given went in one ear and out the other. Sometimes I wonder if I have ADD. Oh well...

I had so much to do today and I didn't get one thing done in my house like I was supposed to. Charles gets home tomorrow night and I'm so excited I could throw up! I can't believe it's finally here. He has all of his stuff done so when he goes back to Ft. Campbell all he will have to do is outprocess. I will be so glad to be done with that place. I can't believe that will be over and we'll head back to Arizona. It seems strange to move back to AZ. This will be our 4th time to live there but I think it will be the best. All of our deployments are over and he gets to finish his degree the last year we'll be there. It's only taken about 8 years to get that done. Talk about being glad for something to be done! Good heavens. I have NEVER had a desire to go to college. I know that sounds horrible but I really can't think of anything more BOOORING! I like to learn about different things but only things I'm interested in. I don't understand why you have to take a bunch of nonsense classes that have nothing to do with your degree, therefore I say no thanks to college. :| So I am grateful Charles can set the example for our kids even though it has taken so freakin' long. Things just kept coming up and prevented him from finishing. Man, he's so close! I can't imagine life with Charles' only work responsibility being school, for an entire year!

1 comment:

Elder Quinn Kay Longhurst said...

I'm so excited for you guys. I don't feel like I'm going to throw up though! I suprised you didn't burst out laughing at that Honest Kindergartener. I agree that some of the classes they make you take are totally worthless. Norm and I only had 2 years of college. We always knew we'd own our own business and never saw the point in continuing on. I do think I'll be heading back once my kiddos are all in school. I hate that you are going to be leaving us! I love you and your sweet family. I like the no bull attitude! It's so refreshing! DON'T GO!!!!