Sunday, May 3, 2009

We're old....

but we're still the youngest couple in the high priests group! Charles and I attended a high priests social last night and we were the only people in attendance that were under the age of 50:) I felt a little out of place but everyone was super nice. I think we were the only ones that still had children living with us. Well... maybe there was one other couple that had gotten a late start that still had kids at home. I only say late start because Charles and I started having kids the minute we were legal! I'm glad about that now though since I'll be barely 40 when my kids are almost all grown :)

Speaking of kids....summer is right around the corner. That means I'll have a few weeks with kids all day long. Don't get me wrong...I love my kids...a lot. BUT.... that's a lot of time to be around my kids. It's always nice when school first ends but around the 4th week of summer I'm dying for school to resume. My kids bug me..... as a matter of fact Ryan is bugging me as I type. I need another female in the house to understand where I come from. Charlie has been bugging us to death lately about how he needs a raise. The problem is, he wants money for doing nothing. We don't pay our kids for regular chores. However, Charlie wants to be paid for wiping his butt. In our house there are chores that you are required to do just because we pay their way. It's the price of having clothes to wear, food to eat and a bed to sleep in. Anything extra, that takes the burden off of Charles and me is a way to earn money. The problem with this though, is that Charlie wants to only do the chores that earn him money. If his regular chores aren't done though, he won't earn money for the money earning chores. I love being a parent :) I especially can't wait to be a grandparent and watch my grand kids bug their parents and tear all their stuff up :D

Anyway, I can't think of anything else for tonight!

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Oh, the joy of the High Priest parties. Bro. Murray just planned a social here in the next few weeks. I always beg Matt to skip because I too feel out of place, but you know him...always where he is supposed to be. I am the only one that has to pay a dadgum babysitter my weeks wages just to be there. Oh well.