Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Been a while....

and it's hotter than blue blazes in Arizona. We've been crazy busy and there just hasn't been too much for me to write about. I've been doing good on my budget but today I just had to go shopping and get a few things. I like to think that I don't "have" to shop but it just feels good to buy something from time to time. I had just returned home from my shopping trip when I received a call from Ryan, telling me he had left his bike lock key in the truck today when I had taken him and Charlie to the dentist. I drove over to the school to give him a key and the bitchiest teacher alive happened to be standing out there. Ryan ran over to the car to get the key and the teacher promptly told me that he wasn't allowed to walk through the cross walk to get to the car. I said ok and apologized and she told me I was blocking everyone else. Her rudeness continued until I was good and pissed. But here's the deal, I was in the park and wait lane. I was making sure my big kids weren't going to get to far ahead of the smaller ones. Remember, I'm nice until you piss me off. I told her the cars behind me could go around me in the other lane and she spouted something else off and I just said "ok, thank you, have a nice day because it sounds like you need one." See, Charles is in the bishopric now and I guess I have to conduct myself as so. It's a hard thing to do sometimes, believe me. Anyway, I didn't let her ruin my day. Although, I did let the incident irritate me for a bit. I'm all better now though :) I seem to be a magnet for tactless people lately. This is a big pet peeve of mine too. Maybe this is the Lord's way of making me more tolerant. Opposition in all things. You gotta deal with the crap to get over your weaknesses, right?

This week I've been trying really hard to eat healthy and stay away from all the delicious things I enjoy eating. I've done pretty good other than the 4-6 homemade, oatmeal-raisin cookies I enjoyed last night. You gotta indulge every now and again.

Ok, I like to think that we don't indulge our kids with too many material things. We did get them a cell phone to share, about a year ago. This purchase was more for my conveniance. Charlie tells us last night that he wants a new cell phone since all of his friends have cool ones and he gets made fun of for having a "dinosaur" for a phone. So he then proceeds to tell us how crappy it is and how every kid in America has way better stuff than him. So...Charles tells him since his phone sucks so bad we will take it back and he can have nothing! So there! I do not like when people feel entitled. Especially when someone else is paying. If you read my blog on a regular basis then you will know that I do not like moochers and people who can't pay their own way. So sweet, little Charlie has lost his phone for a time.

One more thing, can we please stop with all this swine flu mess?

2 comments:

Bryan & Bobbie said...

I love reading your posts. Somehow it feels as though I have just spouted off my irritations for the day or week. I think I am the same way, I am nice, and stay nice until some moron pushes me into being rude back. I try to refrain, but sometimes you gotta let it out. Oh yeah, this swine thing, there has been like one death here in America. And it was a family visiting here from Mexico. I think we have bigger things to worry about like drunk driving, under age drinking, under age smoking, child abuse, and the list goes on and on.

Ashley said...

Bryan....My sentiments exactly on all the other problems lingering around!