Friday, May 15, 2009

WELL......

my hiatus ended on Tuesday. I figured I was cutting my nose off to spite my face. In other words, if I didn't give in and take back over my duties, I was going to have 3 times as much to do by the time my "vacation" was over. Nobody said anything about it either. Ryan was glad I took the cooking duties back. Charles was afraid he was going to have to say the vacuuming wouldn't have gotten done unless I jumped in to do it. He was right because never once did any of them pick up the vacuum when there was 3 inches of desert dust at the back door. Through it all I at least know, I'm good enough, I'm smart enough and doggone it people like me :) AND... I do most of the crap, maid work around the house and this probably won't be the last time I am under appreciated. For now though, my house is at least clean. The good fairy got Charles though. Our swamp cooler blew about 2 days ago and he has been spending all of his time replacing it. He's almost done and will get paid for his efforts. Our landlord is going to pay him for labor. If I got paid for all the labor I perform around here I would make twice what he makes in a year.

I had to get a break from my family tonight. They stress me out and I had to get away from them. Well I did have Josh with me so it wasn't that much of a break. I took kids to get haircuts today and Josh left bawling because he thought his hair had been cut way too short. It is shorter that how he normally wears it. However, I like it because the last person to cut his hair gave him a gimp haircut. I haven't been able to take him serious since so I was thrilled to see that go. Anyway, that's why I took him with me, so he could go and pick out some cool styling products to fix his new "do".

Anyway, I have nothing else to report. I do have a busy day tomorrow and am excited for it to be over.

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Congratualtions on a clean house because mine is anything but clean right now. We moms are under depreciated (have you seen Bed Time Stories?).

Take a picture of Joshy's new style. I would like to see it! So I am an idiot and don't know what a gimp haircut means. Tell me.

I know you are in bed with the way-to-early day you have tomorrow, but hopefully it goes well. I am so excited that you get to go to the Temple. Call me when your day calms down.