Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Hmmm....can someone please remind me why we have a day set a side to make moms feel special? Why does it take a special day in the calendar year to do this? Why don't we (mamas) get a break on other days of the year? My highlight was getting a monster Cadbury caramello candy bar after sacrament meeting! I ate the entire thing without sharing one single bite! Oh and we did go to BBQ yesterday after church and it was fun. I was able to be around other moms, who also received not a single thing for Mother's Day:) Yep that's right, I've been married for 14 years and have given birth to 4 sons and not one thing for the big day. Oh, wait, my sweet, little 6 year old gave me an oven mitt with his tiny hand print on it and my 7 year old planted me a flower and painted the pot in which he put it! Both very nice gifts but they were so excited to give me their gifts, I received them on Friday when they got home from school. It's ok though, Father's Day is right around the corner. It just seems to me after you hit your 30's and you've been married for going on 2 decades you would have smart juice (as my sister so delicately put it) running through your veins by now. I mean I can't tell you how many times I have had this talk with my sweet, almost 34 year old husband. I mean, hell, I grew up with a haint of a mother and we still wanted to celebrate her EVERY Mother's Day. I KNOW I do more for my family than she ever did for hers and I didn't get crap. It's ok though, Father's Day is right around the corner:) SO....I'm on hiatus this week. Since my duties don't seem important or appreciated enough to be celebrated I ain't doing crap this week. We'll see how they like them apples! It's a man thing, I just know it. I mean, even my kids' teachers took the initiative to have the kids in class make something for their moms. Oh well, I did get the candy bar and a delicious piece of grilled chicken at the BBQ! Besides I shouldn't be too upset, I did receive the MOTHER of the YEAR award. Check out this link!

Ok, I did my first official foot zone the other day and had a great experience. Remember the school I did back in 2008 and went to the graduation and had all the problems with my mom when she came to "help" out? Well, I'm finally getting able to do it. It's going well. I don't blab about it to too many people since you have to be open minded to want to even have a zone done. But the lady I work on is a midwife and you have to be open minded to work in that field. She is actually THE perfect person to send me referrals.

Anyone interested about the baby chicks, they are doing great. They are no longer cute fuzzballs but birdie looking chickens. They're ugly actually. They are also too big for the coop we have them in. Charles is in the process of building a bigger coop with nesting boxes built right in. He may not be the best when it comes to Mother's Day but the man is SMART and can do, fix or make anything he puts his mind to. Plus....he is cute. A ding dong at times, but cute. Plus he's manly. I'm not so much into girlie men and Charles definitely falls into the extremely masculine category. Don't get me wrong, he still pisses me off at times. I'm just wondering how this paragraph went from ugly chickens to my masculine husband. I guess that's the good thing about a blog, you get to talk about whatever the hell you want!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I AM LAUGHING MY HEAD OFF SO HARD RIGHT NOW! You should get an award for being a mom to all your boys and your fine ass husband, hell.. I am serious! You deserve it!!! I love love love love your blog. I am laughing so hard still as I type this, parker keeps wondering why I am cryin, cause I have tears from laughing!!! You are the best, I am glad you enjoyed your candy bar all to yourself!! Next year there better be GIFTS CHARLES!!

Trisha said...

I love love you Ashley. You never called me back today. I know how your Mother's Day went, but how are things with the houses & such?

Rachel M said...

Sounds like Charles and Ben get their mother's day ideas from the same place....

Ashley said...

Rachel-doesn't it seem as though we should be even more appreciated considering we spent an Iraq tour doing all alone? Sorry to hear you didn't get a dang thing being a mother to 5 kids all under 10!!