Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day.......

The best thing about Memorial Day is, hands down, the BBQ! We get to go cook out and swim with a family from our church today. They have a pool right in their backyard, along with half of this city. It seems like everyone has a pool. Except for us. But we do have a red-neck hot tub! It's pretty fun too!

I've had writer's block lately. I think because I've been so bugged about some things. Mostly because of my husband and kids. I leave in a week for Vegas, so that should do me some good. Do you ever just feel a little under appreciated? Well....I sure do. The thing is, you can't really stop doing stop doing the things you do that nobody appreciates because by the time you start doing them again your work load has tripled. Believe me, I know, I tried it after Mother's Day. I still have a little animosity over that holiday! Do you know they didn't even sing a Mother's Day song in church?!!

I leave in a week and couldn't be more ecstatic! The break will be so nice. I can't imagine sitting by a pool without having to look at someone jump in 150 times or someone telling me they need to poop or how hungry they are. We haven't decided yet if we are going to Thunder from Down Under or Chippendales! Hmmm....any recommendations? Just kidding...maybe!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what! I want to meet up...Thunder down under...or whatever..its all good :) I watch the smuck on tv.. because hot guys are on there.. man, you are lucky! I hope you two have a great time!!