Monday, May 4, 2009

Boys are slobs.....

and my house proves it. My kids are so messy. Josh and Cody ALWAYS have crap shoved under their bed and Ryan's room constantly smells like fart and dirty clothes. Charlie is pretty clean but wants to get paid for cleaning his own mess. Love that kid! I spent the majority of my morning cleaning our pig sty and then......I rode that 5 mile loop! It's been a while since I have ridden it since there is always tornado winds around here. Today I decided to go ahead and give it another whirl. I actually rode more than half of it in 3rd gear! Then the winds kicked in as I was going uphill and there was no way I go do all that in 3rd gear. It still hasn't gotten easy for me but doing it in 3rd gear is pretty darn good if I do say so myself. I'm still chubby though. All things in time!

Ok, so, Mother's day is this weekend. As most of us know, our wards always do something for the moms, right? Right. Well, Charles asked my input and I gave him an idea and they settled on a poem wrapped around a candy bar. I thought this idea was great and they have been trying to organize how to put it together. Well, of course all the men thought it would be a great idea if the young women put all the poems and candy bars together! Here's my question....why didn't anyone think to ask the young men or here's an idea....the elder's quorum!! I think just about every ward we've been in home teaching is around 25%, so since they aren't too busy why can't they wrap the bars around the poem? What else will they be doing? My point is...well can't you see? It's that the women seem to always get stuck doing EVERYTHING! Now we have to wrap our own mother's day gift! Has anyone else ever noticed this? I have....a lot. I have been in the relief society presidency twice and I have seen all the stuff that gets dumped upon us. I wonder if the young women ever think of it that way!! HMMM, I would love to know! Trisha?

Men will never really get it. They do get so much better with age but they can never truly understand. It's ok though, we get to have experiences they will never get. But do we really want those experiences? Yeah, I think so.

2 comments:

Karan said...

I agree boys are gross , glad I only have two. Whats with men , why dont they get it . Ususally I get a book that they order hundreds of from distrabution . Then YM hand them out .

Anonymous said...

I love you! Your comment had me rolling on the floor.. ya, the flower deal bugs.. Trisha said last year it wasnt like that.. but this year the kids are making us nuts..ask Trish about the kids fertilizing Janets yard, I was on the phone with her laughin my head off! I hope all is well down there and you are enjoying the nice weather!