Thursday, May 21, 2009

Summer's here.....

and that's good and bad. Good, because the end of the year means I am at the school all the time. They always have so much crap to attend at the end of the year. Everyone knows the BAD part about summer.....24/7 kids. Non-stop eating, fighting, messing and making me more nuts. As a matter of fact the messing started the minute they got home today. When school gets out for the summer it always reminds me of how fast life passes. My oldest will be in the 7th grade and my youngest will be in 1st. It's so hard to believe. It feels like they were just born a minute ago. I graduated and married 14 years ago. I still don't feel that old. It seems so weird to think of where my life has taken me. I'm in a good place though. I couldn't have picked a better life for myself, although, if I had my druthers, I would have made myself a little thinner. Anyway, just thinkin'!

The Arizona weather is cRaZy here today. It's about 60 degrees and rainy and cloudy. As a matter of fact it's been cloudy for about 3 days now.

Well, I have a lot to look forward to in the next couple of weeks. First....Charles and ALL the kids are going on a father/son camp out tomorrow night. Can't wait to get rid of everyone for a night. Second....and this is better than the camp out....my sister and her kids are coming on the 1st of June and she and I are leaving on the 2nd for VEGAS... 8D! We get 3 kid free days. Charles is taking leave and watching all the kids for us. What a guy! Anyway, not too much has been happening around here so I haven't had too much to post about.

Oh and speaking of having a lot of stuff to attend at the end of the year....Ryan's "graduation" ceremony was today and my camera was out of battery juice. Didn't get any pictures of Josh's awards ceremony either. Mother of the year..... I've won it several times in my life. BUT...one thing I am good at....making sure my kids get to school. All 3 of the elementary kids got a certificate for not being absent any this school year. Well....at least since we've moved to Arizona. They will never have a problem with me not making sure my kids get to school. I like when school is in session. Especially now that they all attend. I like public school.

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Happy Summer Ashley. We still have one more week - you know the crazy week you just had. You really are an awesome mother.