Monday, March 30, 2009

Whew!!

With much prayer, faith and hope I just finished my 7 mile bike ride for the day. It took me about 50 minutes to complete. About half way through, I thought I was going to drop dead on the multi-use path. I put it off and put it off all morning because of the tornado like winds that were brewing around out there. It's hard enough going uphill without the winds beating you up. I dropped kids off at school and was even dressed for the bike ride thinking I was going to go as soon as I got everyone out of my hair. Instead I came home and made Cody's birthday cake and cleaned my kitchen. Then I went to have lunch with Cody and went ahead and stayed to eat with Josh but to my dismay my 7 year old was embarrassed for me to be there. I mean 7, what do you have to be embarrassed about? I'm a cool mom, dang it! The other kids in the class were thrilled that I was there and some of them asked me if they could sit next to me, so there Josh! They thought I was cool. Cody, on the other hand was thrilled. Poor thing, I have never gone to eat lunch with him. I've enjoyed my free time way too much since he's been in school.

I can't believe my baby is 6 years old today. Time flies! He was actually born here in AZ. Actually, my last 3 kids were born here and Charlie was conceived here. So all of my kids have some western in them. Weird to think of it that way since I was born and bred southern. Charles isn't really southern. He was born in Virginia and I know some will argue that Va is southern since they fought with the Confederacy but how many years ago was that? It's too close to D.C. for me to be considered the south. Sorry for those that disagree, but it's my blog!

Anyway, I'm off to the dollar store to find a frisbee for Cody. That boy knows what he wants.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you crack me up! How are you!! How are things.. did trisha tell you that matt got me in trouble.. I may not be able to gossip with the budge family again, it gets me deep in some shit.. hope all is well.. and hope you found a frisbee for cody.. I love your boys!

Ashley said...

Kari, I did hear about your troubles! So sorry. At least it's off your mind though....right? Those dang Budge's. Matt....dang you!!

Matt and Jade said...

My mom never came and ate lunch with us. I would of killed for her to join us. Oh well, life moves on. Hope the frisbee gives him what he needs.