Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Remember me?

Dark brown hair, chubby, cute girl? Ring a bell? Yeah, I'm back! We FINALLY got an internet connection today and I feel like a new woman. Of course Charles wasn't here when the guy came and I had no idea what to tell the guy with all the questions and I think he tried to sell me a modem that we don't need. Lucky for me my husband is a computer genius and will figure it all out when he gets home. Also lucky for me, he's cute. Not too much has been happening around in these parts. We're finally settled and got all that dang painting done. I didn't think that would ever end but all the colors we picked turned out great. I'll need to post some pictures soon.

For some reason spiders tend to dig the dry Arizona climate. We've seen quite a few of the suckers in the house. They come in all sizes. There was a guy at church telling Charles about a scorpion that got in his bed and bit him. I'm not very much of a fan of things with more than 2 legs. It makes me miss Utah where the only bug you have to worry about there are those annoying box elder bugs. At least they aren't scary though. I'll take annoying over fangs any day.

There are quite a few families here that we knew when we were stationed here last. It's nice to see familiar faces of people you liked. Charles likes his job good enough and he has been biking to work. We're a one car family and it actually isn't too bad for now. Of course I have driven him into work a few times and now that I think about it he's only ridden to work twice. I help out in Josh's class twice a week and I bike to the school since it's so close. Sierra Vista is a very bike friendly town so it makes it nice for those who like to bike around. So with everything we need being fairly close we haven't had any problems only having one car. Hopefully it will continue to work out. Anyway, we're enjoying living here once again. I am extremely glad we didn't have to live on post and I'm very grateful for the ward we ended up in. It's nice being a 2 parent family again. I still don't feel like I have found my niche but hopefully in time. It took a while before Charles got into a real work schedule and by the time he did the kids' spring break rolled around. We're going through that this week. So maybe after this week I can feel like a real person with a real life and a real schedule. I'll let you know how that goes. But for now it's at least great to have an internet connection again.

3 comments:

Trisha said...

Yeah! Even though we talk daily it is super to see you back in the Internet World.

Holly Long said...

Yay for getting internet! I'm glad everything is working out for you guys. :) Moab is pretty bike friendly too, but lugging my bike up and down the stairs wasn't happening, so I sold it, haha. Walking works for me. :) Tell everyone I say hello and I love you all!

Anonymous said...

I love that you are back in the blogging world.. I have missed your blogs! Cant wait to see pictures of your home!!