Sunday, March 29, 2009

Cody's birthday is tomorrow and he has been very specific about how he wants the day to go. He wants donuts to share with his class, vanilla cake with chocolate icing and skateboards on top and he desires chicken ranch pizza for dinner. Oh, and he wants 6 candles on top of the cake! As we were discussing plans for my birthday Cody was for sure I would enjoy Chuck E. Cheese for the big day. My kids are all about having fun!

Yesterday was a big day. We went to Home Depot and purchased stuff for our square foot garden. I also found some dwarf fruit trees that I can't wait to get planted. One is a kumquat tree and the other is an orange tree. The good thing about both of them is that you can plant them in pots and they produce just as much as a regular sized tree! They were half the price too. We also got things ready for a chicken coop. We had some gracious friends offer us a coop and now we need to fence off an area in our back yard. I've turned into an old person here in Arizona. I'll post pictures as soon as we get everything up and going. We're pretty excited. I'm just hoping the chicken experience goes well and we don't kill them off.

Well....the main reason for this post was for Charles to post some pictures he's been wanting to make available to friends and family that are interested. Things we've captured on film since being in the great state of AZ that he wanted to share. Here ya go....


THE Hike

This was a sign I saw right where we were hiking......

Spider laden cave.....

Charles took Charlie and Ryan on a mountain biking trip and they ended up in a ghost town.....



On the way to the trail...

This is the gargantuan lizard that jumped out at me when I was unloading boxes on our carport. It was much bigger than the picture portrays. I promise!

Charlie's idea of babysitting!

Charles is a goober. He saw this weed eater in Lowes and thought the picture of the old woman holding it up to show how light it was was the funniest thing. It's what I like to call Woods' humor.

3 comments:

ericka said...

ashley, those are some of the funniest pictures i have ever in my life seen!!

Matt and Jade said...

I never babysat like that, just so you know. We always did fun things, or watched tv. Matt is more of the fun one. That lizard is huge, Did you scream? I'm a screamer, I don't do bugs or reptiles.

Trisha said...

How did i miss this post? I just decided to scroll down & I haven't seen this one. Very cute. Tell Charlie I am taking on his form of babysitting. Love it!