Saturday, February 7, 2009

whatever you like.....

I really wanted to sleep in today but didn't get to. We had a humanitarian project at 9. I was going to go unshowered and in gym clothes but quickly realized I had forgotten to get the tables out and ready to go for the event. I dropped Josh and Cody off at Trisha's and walked in the freezingness to the church. It was good though. We got it done quickly and got home way before we were scheduled to. Charles and the big kids got home from their cold camp out and got the car washed up super nice.Well, Charles did that all by himself. I was impressed with how nice it looked and super glad that it got clean and I didn't have to do it. I wasn't fond of that job while Charles was gone. We got our little Utah house rented and it is a relief to know that someone will take care of it while we're gone. The day was good! I am very ready to be packed up and have all the overwhelm-ness over!

This post has now moved into Sunday. I had to stop writing last night to watch 48 Hours mystery with Charles. He was tired and wanted to go to sleep and since it's our tradition to watch it together I had to abandon blogging! Today was a sad day at church. I have never been sad to leave a ward until now. This has been such a great place to live. It's convenient to everything and my work load was downsized while we were here. I have forgotten what it's like to have to drive kids to school and drive them to scouts or anything having to do with church. Everyone around here is simple and doesn't have a desire to keep up with their neighbors. I am very sad to leave but I did get a super cute apron from Sis. Linda Marsh today, since I'm leaving and all! I also had to surprisingly bear my testimony in RS! I had to do my 2 worst things in one standing....speaking in front of others and saying good bye. I HATE saying good bye.

Our house is a mess and I still need to separate the crap we will be taking with us. Packers come tomorrow and I still can't wrap my brain around the fact that I will be an Arizona resident, once again, by week's end. I am just glad that our family is whole again and I have help and a few other perks with having Charles home :) There is light at the end of the tunnel now and for that I'm grateful. I wouldn't trade any of my experiences for anything.

No comments: