Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'm back for a minute.....

At least until we leave this afternoon. We've been busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest. I guess you can accumulate a lot of junk in 15 months. We de-junked when we left Tennessee and we still had to do more leaving here. It has taken our packers 3 days to get us out of here. I firmly believe it's because we had no women packers this time. We have always had women to come and pack boxes and obviously men just can't move as fast :) We were hoping to be outta here this morning but the loader decided yesterday he wasn't going to load any of the furniture on the truck so they are here as I type loading up all of our crap. At least I don't have to do it though.

Well, since we are leaving Ogden, we had to eat out at the Utah famous Maddox Ranch House last night. We went with the Budge's and after seeing the way Trisha looked after we left I for sure want no more kids!! She had crap all down both of her sleeves and the back of her sweatshirt by the time we were ready to go. I had forgotten how it is to eat out with small kids. WOW!! Trisha's awesome! I will surely miss her and her family. This has been such a bittersweet transition for us. I have never been so sad to leave a place we call home. I was more than ecstatic to leave Clarksville. We've always been ready to move on when we get orders but this move downright sucks. I have loved living here. We live amongst the simplest and humblest of people. I will definitely miss it....except for the snow. It's is snowing RIGHT NOW! I'm sure we'll miss even the snow once we get to sunny Arizona.

It is very exciting to know that Charles won't be deploying any time soon. When I think of how simple our life is when we live in Arizona I am very thankful. Of course the last time we lived there my oldest was only in the 1st grade. It may not be as simple as it was then but I will have a spouse that will come home every night. Our kids are doing surprisingly well considering they don't want to leave either. I guess moving around is all they really know. They're pretty well rounded and have gotten to see quite a bit in their short lives. Cody isn't really bothered by moving other than the fact he is going to miss Adam and Tyler. Josh doesn't really care either. He's pretty sure his life will be fine and dandy as long as Mom and Dad are there to take care of everything. Charlie and Ryan are older and have good friends they will miss. I have a good friend I will miss too and it does suck. For as long as I can remember I have always hated to say goodbye. Luckily my kids don't seem to have inherited this trait. Of course Charles doesn't have that gene. They all have penises and I don't think people with those have that gene! Charles has never had a hard time saying goodbye unless he is leaving his family behind.

Well I have been thinking of what I will miss in Utah and I am going to compile a list.....
Having the school, where all 4 of my kids go, at my back door!
Being within walking distance to church.
LAGOON!
The beautiful mountains
My cute little, simple house
4 seasons
My good friends, the Budge's
All the fun things there is to do around here.
The Quilted Bear
The health food store
Having a distribution center 5 miles away
A temple ever closer
Matt and Jade
Scouting program

Man, Utahns have it nice.

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Well, after saying goodbye all night last night (in my sleep), I know this day isn't going to be easy. I am glad we had that memora-BOWL night at Wal-Mart last night :) You are a super friend. I have learned so much in such a short time and, as I have already said, I look forward to the many more things I get to learn from you, although long distance. You never know, you may find a kirts shake show up in your mail one day. Love ya!!


:( :( :( :( :( :( :(