Sunday, February 15, 2009

On the road again......

Well...we finally made it to Arizona. We left on Wednesday and had a brief stay in Vegas. That place is quite a sight. I have NEVER seen a place like it before and that is a good thing. It truly is sin city. Every sin you can think of takes place within a 5 mile stretch. I can't wait to go again in June!! :) We did get to see a few family friendly things with extra thrown in on the way. We were going to put Dixie, the dog, in a kennel while we were there but instead opted to sneak her in in a rolling suitcase. It was my awesome plan and it worked great! She did pretty good in the hotel and it saved us some money.

There were a few good things in Vegas....

We saw this nun outside the Bellagio.

...and the kids got their picture taken with Red and a Jack Sparrow look-alike.

We rushed out of Las Vegas on Friday morning. We were wanting to get to the Ft. Huachuca so Charles could sign into housing and see what kind of a wait we had until we got a house on post. They had told him on the phone that they didn't close until 4 p.m. We rolled into town about 3:30 and rushed to the housing office, only to find they had closed an hour early for President's Day, which is on Monday. If there had been a moose around I would have punched it (think National Lampoons Vacation @ Wally World). So we won't know a thing until Tuesday. It's ok though, at least we're together. Charles and I got to spend Valentine's Day grocery shopping. I sure do love him.

We are currently in a 700 square foot "hotel" with our entire family, including the dog. The place is an old, historic building that they have tried to update. The accommodations are decent but it definitely doesn't have the conveniences of home. The kids are digging it since they don't have to do real chores. They will finally start back to school on Tuesday and hopefully we'll be getting into a routine very soon.

I had forgotten how drab and depressing Ft. Huachuca and the surrounding town is. Not much has changed in 5 years. I won't complain though, since living here means Charles won't be deploying for at least 4 years and he'll have the opportunity to finish his degree the last year of this stay. There are a lot of outdoor things to do here and it's always exciting to get a fresh start with a new move.

So here we sit watching TLC. Has anyone heard of the fattest man that lives in Mexico? His name is Manuel. Oh good gosh, it is disgusting. Now, I'm fat and I know this. But for heaven's sake, he is ridiculous. I can't even imagine what one must eat to ever get to weigh 1300 pounds. I can't believe he is still alive. He has to have people wash his butt and everything. Can you imagine having that job? Dadgum....and you thought the Little Caesar pizza guy that has to dance around with the sign had a bad job. I feel like Kate Moss watching him on TV.

3 comments:

Elder Quinn Kay Longhurst said...

You're way better looking than Kate Moss! I've always complained when one of my children yell from the bathroom "mom, come wipe my bum!" I will never complain again. Seriously, who would raise their hand and volunteer to be the "butt wiper" of a full grown man! Yikes! I'm glad you guys made it safely to AZ. We are sure going to miss you. Keep up on the blog so we don't miss a thing. Plus I can always use a good laugh!

Trisha said...

Hey, I volunteered to wipe my dad's grown butt when he is unable because that means i get their house.

Bryan & Bobbie said...

Hey, we've been reading your blog lately. It's fun to keep up with you guys with the move and all.