Monday, February 16, 2009

Still here....

in a hotel! It could be worse though.....right? We're all just a little stir crazy. Charles has to sign into his unit tomorrow and the kids will be registered for school. I'll be one step closer to regaining my life:) Of course it is parent/teacher conferences the next 3 days so all of my kids will only go half a day to school! The kids have had fun with no responsibilities but it is getting a little old for me. We can't seem to stay out of the hotel room enough. Charles and Ryan had a great idea to go hiking this evening.....in the pitch darkness. It is dry as a bone here and the ground is dusty and loose. The hill went straight up and there was no way I was gonna go to the top. I was slipping and sliding coming down. I love Charles. It reminded me of the time when he wanted to take me mountain biking. We were living in Clarksville at the time. I had gotten into shape so he was excited to share his passion with me. I didn't like it one bit. My bike gears weren't working well and I just do not enjoy riding on gravel and bumps.....everything shakes and bounces. I like riding my bike... I just like riding on asphalt. Charles is determined to make me a hiker! The weather is great though and I am really diggin' the sun shining all the time. It's super dry though and my hair is staticy if I don't put something in it. It was stuck to my head all day today unless the wind was blowing me over. I just love Arizona! Kidding :) I really am thrilled to be here.

Well folks I think I'm calling it a night.

1 comment:

Trisha said...

I'm not going to lie. I didn't even like riding your bike on the asphalt. I still laugh every time I picture us riding our butts off up the hills and you swearing you were going to die. Well, i imagine you were pretty close to dying after I found out how much harder your bike was to ride than mine.