Sunday, September 28, 2008

How Great Thou Art

Today was an awesome day! I really did have a spiritual day at church. It started early this morning when I checked my email and my sweet husband had forwarded me a quote from Bonnie Parkin. It was one of those daily gems you can sign up for. Anyway, it made me feel love from my Heavenly Father. Then when I got to Relief Society Sister Burt gave a fabulous lesson from the May Ensign from President Ballard. It was about the daughters of God. It was such a touching lesson. I was completely overcome with emotion. Through the ENTIRE lesson. It was almost embarrassing that I couldn't stop crying. I felt like the lesson was just for me and that Heavenly Father was letting me know that I am doing stuff right. That I am doing what I am supposed to be doing. I may not be doing it perfect but I am still trying and that's what matters.

I think as women we tend to be a little too hard on ourselves. I think that's how Satan gets us a lot of times, through discouragement. I know I have spent a lot of time in my life comparing myself to others and that has gotten me nowhere but unhappy. I have had a lot of experience in my life that I am so grateful for. A lot of hard times that I am glad I was given the opportunity to learn from and to be able to share those experiences with others. It's hard to be a woman but I am grateful to be one. I'm grateful for the opportunity to be a wife and mother. Even through the daily, mundane tasks! I know the Lord gives me the strength to get through the hard times. I know he is very aware of me and the things I have to do on a daily basis. I felt His love for me today.

We also had the Primary program at church today and those little kids did a great job. I LOVE to see that program every year. Those kids are so cute. This was Cody's first program and it was Charlie's last. It's hard to believe he's about to be in Young Men's and will be passing the sacrement. I wish so bad Charles could be here for that. It will be nice for him to be home. Almost done though, only 101 days to go. But who's counting?!!

4 comments:

Bartholomew said...

Aww, I LOVE YOU Babe!!

Trisha said...

Hugs, hugs and more hugs. You are an awesome Mommy to thos 4 darling boys. Hey, thanks for sharing your confirmation with me. It made me feel at peace also.

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog.. you are such an amazing person.. from the first day I saw you and your cute boys.. I knew you were such a fun, spiritual amazing Mom.. I have enjoyed Josh in my class.. he is so sweet.

Ashley said...

Thanks Kari, that's a super nice thing to say! Dang, make me feel good! "sniff"